Mahindras Yuvraj 215 tractor drives into Maharashtra
Mahindra’s Yuvraj 215 drives into Maharashtra
All set to revolutionise the Indian tractor industry
- With best in class features, Yuvraj is best suited for inter-culture and small field pans
- Yuvraj aims at ensuring comfort for the operator as it boasts of first water cooled single cylinder engine in this segment
- Yuvraj is an affordable tractor option at Rs. 1,81,000/-
April 19, 2011, Pune: Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (M&M), the market leader in the Indian tractor industry, rolled out India’s first 15 HP tractor, the Yuvraj 215, in Pune today. With the promise of value for money tractor technology at Rs. 1, 81,000, the Yuvraj 215 is a compact, versatile, fuel efficient and easy to operate 15 HP tractor. It is ideal for a farmer with small landholdings who is primarily dependent on farming with bullocks and seeks to increase productivity at an affordable cost.
The Yuvraj 215 promises a top speed of 25.6 Kmph and haulage capacity of 1.5 tonnes. It boasts of the first water cooled single cylinder engine in this segment and side shift gear lever, ensuring comfort for the operator.
It is ideal for farmers with 2 to 5 acres of land who own bullocks or power tillers but aspire to own a tractor. This nifty tractor is also apt for farmers who require an additional tractor for specific applications like inter-culture, power generation or water pumping. Vegetable farmers, as well as those who own orchards or cultivate cash crops can also benefit from the Yuvraj’s strong value proposition of productivity, power and performance.
Speaking on the occasion, Mr. Sanjeev Goyle, Senior Vice President, Marketing & Applitrac, Farm Equipment Sector, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd, said “The Yuvraj is a key part of M&M's vision to go beyond retailing tractors and focus on creation of farm tech prosperity. As the market leader in the Indian tractor industry, it is our constant endeavour to deliver farm tech prosperity to the farming community which has a significant role to play in India’s growth story.”
According to Mr. Sudhir Shah, GM Special Projects & Head of the Yuvraj Project, Farm Equipment Sector, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd, “With the launch of the Yuvraj tractor in Maharashtra we expect to see a change in the dynamics of the agriculture community. The Yuvraj enables the small farmer to own a tractor and benefit from mechanisation, thus helping him boost his productivity. The tractor has been well received in the state of Gujarat and we are sure we will get the same response from farmers in Maharashtra..”
The Yuvraj 215 will be manufactured at a state-of-the-art plant in Rajkot with a production capacity of 16,000 tractors per annum. M&M has entered into a contract manufacturing agreement with Deepak Diesels Pvt. Ltd. (DDPL) which will exclusively manufacture the Yuvraj 215 in Rajkot, adhering to M&M’s renowned quality standards and processes.
The Yuvraj 215 is equipped with various features offered for the first time in small tractors. These include:
- Lowest price in its range at Rs 1,81,000 /-
- Hydraulic with AD & DC - the first time this feature is available in tractors below 20 HP - for smooth operation and better performance with draft implements
- Side shift gears with fatigue-free ergonomics for driver comfort
- 25.6 Kmph road speed which enables more trips for haulage
- First single cylinder water cooled vertical engine which does not allow over heating
- Best fuel economy and better than current small tractors/power tillers. Farmer enjoys the benefit of low operational cost among all tractors in its range
- Enhances productivity per hectare in comparison to other small tractor/ power tillers
- Compact in size (wheel base and wheel track) best suited for inter-culture and for small field pans
- It is light in weight at 780 kg, leading to low soil compaction and hence better yield
- Standard PTO Scoring for easy adaptability for attachments like Sprayer / Generator / Water pump
About The Mahindra Group
The Mahindra Group focuses on enabling people to rise. Mahindra operates in the key industries that drive economic growth, enjoying a leadership position in tractors, utility vehicles, information technology and vacation ownership. Mahindra has a presence in the automotive industry, agribusiness, aerospace, components, consulting services, defence, energy, financial services, industrial equipment, logistics, real estate, retail, steel and two wheelers.
A US $11.1 billion multinational group based in Mumbai, India, Mahindra employs more than 117,000 people in over 100 countries.
Dun & Bradstreet, the world’s leading source of global business information, knowledge and insight, recently ranked Mahindra at No. 1 in the automobile sector in its list of India’s Top 500 Companies. In 2010, Mahindra was featured in the Forbes Asian Fab 50 list and the Credit Suisse Great Brands of Tomorrow.
Its flagship company Mahindra & Mahindra Limited has also earned the distinction of being the only Indian automobile manufacturer to feature in the top 10 list of the Carbon Disclosure Leadership Index in India - 2010, created by the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP).
In 2011, Mahindra acquired a majority stake in Korea’s SsangYong Motor Company.
For more information, please visit www.mahindra.com.
For further information, please contact:
Ms. Roma Balwani
Senior Vice President & Group Head, Corporate Communications
Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd
Phone: (+91-22) 2490 1441
Fax: (+91-22) 2490 0830
Other Key Releases
Mojo is a technologically advanced, comfortable and capable motorcycle, launched at a special introductory price of only Rs. 1,58,000/- (Ex-showroom Delhi).
S&P's rating reflects the company's leading market position in tractor and UV segments, strong financial ratios, and financial flexibility.