Mahindra drives into compact car segment with Verito 'Vibe'
- Vibe marks Mahindra’s entry into the compact car segment
- Sporty and dynamic exterior styling, with latest features like first-in-class LED light streaming tail lamps, sporty carbon finish front grille, blackened headlamps, fog lamps, ski rack and trendy champagne coloured alloy wheels are just some of the distinctive styling elements of the Vibe
- The New Verito Vibe has been designed with a three-box body style with a boot separate from the passenger compartment, similar to sedans
- A real ‘best in class wide bodied compact family car’; the Verito Vibe redefines the segment with its space, comfort and style.
- Powered by Reliable and Fuel efficient 1.5 litre dCi Diesel Engine by Renault
- Class leading cabin space and large boot space make the Verito Vibe a spacious car
- Vibe will offer customers comprehensive 3 year / 1 lac km warranty and 24x7 free road assistance
- Available in 7 attractive colour options including Diamond White, Fiery Black, Toreador Red Java Brown, Mist Silver, Dolphin Grey and the all new Aqua Rush
Mumbai June 5, 2013: Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (M&M), a part of the US $16.2 billion Mahindra Group, today unveiled its eagerly awaited sub 4 metre, compact car, the Verito Vibe. Designed and developed in-house by Mahindra, the Verito Vibe marks Mahindra’s entry into the high volume compact car market. The Verito Vibe redefines the compact car segment in terms of its spaciousness, reliability and unique crossover style for the Indian consumer.
Powered by Renault’s renowned 1.5 litre dCi diesel engine known for its durability and delivering mileage of 20.8 KMPL*(ARAI certified), the Verito Vibe also comes fitted with a state-of-the-art Driver Information System, which gives customers real time updates on mileage, temperature, distance to empty and more, making the Vibe a very dependable compact family car.
Speaking on the launch of the Verito Vibe, Dr Pawan Goenka, President – Automotive & Farm Equipment Sectors, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd stated, “The launch of our much awaited compact car, the Verito Vibe, is another proud moment in our automotive journey. For the Mahindra Group, the launch of the Vibe is a milestone by itself as the team deployed alternative thinking to deliver a high level of technology and performance at a competitive price. I am confident that the Vibe will create an impact in the compact car segment and find favour with the evolving Indian customer”.
Pravin Shah, Chief Executive, Automotive Division, Mahindra & Mahindra said, “The Verito Vibe packs in the aspirations of the Indian car lover and offers high standards in every aspect of style, space, safety and engine performance. Developed on the global and proven quality platform of the tried and tested Verito, the Vibe is well suited for Indian road conditions All this and much more makes the Vibe nothing less than a category creator”.
The Verito Vibe will be available in seven colours including the newly developed Aqua Rush and will be available in select Mahindra showrooms in major cities across the country. Priced at an attractive Rs 5.63 (ex-showroom Mumbai) the New Verito Vibe will be available in three distinct and attractive variants namely – D2, D4, D6. The new Verito Vibe will be available in Diesel engine only. The price range for the Vibe will be from Rs. 5.63 lacs (ex-showroom Mumbai) for the base D2 model, to Rs. 6.49 lac (ex showroom Mumbai) for the fully loaded top end D6 model.
The Verito Vibe is a wide bodied compact car that offers comfortable seating for three adults in the rear seat. Three adjustable rear headrests make the Vibe the only product in the premium compact car segment to offer these features for the middle passenger in the rear seat. It has a large boot capacity of 330 litres.
Designed to cater to the aspirational requirements of customers, the Verito Vibe comes equipped with safety features like ABS with EBD, Driver Air Bag, Engine Immobilizer, Side Impact Beams, Adjustable Head Rests for all seats etc. Adding to this its reliability and robustness of design means the Verito Vibe sets itself apart from other compact cars in its class. The Verito Vibe boasts of sophisticated curves and masculine body lines. The vehicle has been designed with first-in-class LED light streaming tail lamps on the C-pillar. Its uniquely positioned rear chrome appliqué and muffler cutter adds to the style of the vehicle.
Moreover, the New Verito Vibe comes replete with new fog lamps, roof rails, side cladding, rear chrome appliqué, blackened headlamps and a rear spoiler, all of which makes the car stand out amongst its peers.
The New Verito Vibe has been designed with a three-box body style with a boot separate from passenger compartment, similar to sedans. The unique styling, superior interior space and the large boot size make the Verito Vibe an ideal sub 4 meter car that’s perfect to drive to far off destinations with a lot of luggage.
About the New Verito Vibe
DISTINCTIVE STYLING ELEMENTS
- First-in-class LED Light Streaming Tail Lamps on the C-pillar
- Ski racks that blend in with the tail lamps giving the vehicle a sporty crossover look.
- Uniquely-positioned Rear Chrome Appliqué & Muffler Cutter adds to the style of the vehicle.
- Sporty Carbon-finish Front Grille, Blackened Headlamps & Fog Lamps
- Trendy New Champagne-coloured Alloy Wheels
- Bold Wheel Arches
- ‘Skirted’/Blackened rear bumper
CLASS-LEADING CABIN & BOOT SPACE
- Three adults can sit comfortably with ample leg, shoulder and head room as against the cramped rear seat space offered in other hatches and compact sedans.
- One of the largest boots in the sub 4 m category.
MOST RELIABLE POWER TRAIN & FUEL EFFICIENT ENGINES AVAILABLE IN INDIA
- Reliable 1.5 litre dCi Diesel Engine
- Proven fuel efficiency of 20.8 KMPL
- Low running costs
EXCELLENT RIDE & HANDLING
· Modern suspension that absorbs potholes and gives a smooth ride
· Responsive steering that inspires confidence
· Verito well known for its handling abilities & high speed cornering / lane changing.
COMFORT, CONVENIENCE & FUNCTIONALITY
· Adjustable Front & Rear Head Rests (for ALL 3 rear passengers)
· Sturdy & Thoughtfully-designed Grab Handles
· Quadra-tone Front Fascia with -
o 2 DIN Music System with CD Player, MP3, USB, AUX
o Electric HVAC with ergonomic controls
o Multi-directional Circular AC Vents
o Front Dash Parcel Shelf with Chrome Accent
o Instrument Panel with Multi-information display
· Electric ORVM.
· Power windows for front & rear seats
· Power Steering
· Comfortable Seats with under-thigh support in bright two-tone upholstery
· Easy Ingress & Egress
· Cross-member for extra protection in the rear
· Side – impact beams
· ABS with EBD
· Driver Airbag
About Mahindra Group
The Mahindra Group focuses on enabling people to rise through solutions that power mobility, drive rural prosperity, enhance urban lifestyles and increase business efficiency.
A USD 16.2 billion multinational group based in Mumbai, India, Mahindra employs more than 155,000 people in over 100 countries. Mahindra operates in the key industries that drive economic growth, enjoying a leadership position in tractors, utility vehicles, after-market, information technology and vacation ownership. In addition, Mahindra enjoys a strong presence in the agribusiness, aerospace, components, consulting services, defence, energy, financial services, industrial equipment, logistics, real estate, retail, steel, commercial vehicles and two wheeler industries.
In 2012, Mahindra featured on the Forbes Global 2000 list, a listing of the biggest and most powerful listed companies in the world. In 2013, the Mahindra Group received the Financial Times ‘Boldness in Business’ Award in the ‘Emerging Markets’ category.
Visit us at www.mahindra.com
For further enquiries
Chief Group Communications Officer
Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd.
Phone: +91 22 2490 1441
Other Key Releases
Iconic Italian design firm, Pininfarina and Mahindra Racing team up to craft three concept cars depicting the future of Formula E motor racing.
Forged in the fiery pits of our newest manufacturing plant in south western India, Mahindra Yuvo combines unmatched strength with unrivaled tech.
BAE Systems selects Mahindra for the proposed in-country Assembly, Integration & Test (AIT) facility for the M777 Ultra Lightweight Howitzer.