Mahindra Drives in the New Age XUV500
The New Age XUV500 comes with:
- New, bold and more premium front styling with a stylish new front grille with chrome inserts, new muscular bonnet and bumper, stylish new fog lamps with chrome bezel, new cheetah tear-duct like black accents, new premium window chrome lining, paw-styled new door handles, new chrome rear appliqué and stylish new 43 cm (17inch) alloy wheels
- New cutting-edge technology features such as the new electric sunroof with anti-pinch, new first-in-class ORVM logo projection lamps, new static bending projector headlamps with stylish light guides, new 6-way power-adjustable driver’s seat, new passive keyless entry, new push button start/stop, new hi-tech 18 cm (7inch) touch screen infotainment with GPS navigation, USB audio/video/picture viewer, Bluetooth, iPod connectivity and AUX input, and Mahindra BLUE SENSE® Technology, new brake energy regeneration system, new advanced reverse parking camera with dynamic assist, new voice messaging system
- Premium new black and beige interiors, new beige leather seats, twin-pod cluster with new icy blue theme, new icy blue lounge lighting, sporty new aluminum pedals, new illuminated scuff plates take its premium quotient to the next level.
- The New Age XUV500 will continue to have best-in-class safety with 6 airbags, ABS with EBD, hill hold and hill descent control, disc brakes on all wheels
- Enhanced ride and handling, steering, braking and drivability
- The powerful 103kW (140bhp) mHawk engine with a higher mileage of 16kmpl (ARAI-certified)
- Introduces an all new high end W10 variant. The New Age XUV500 will now be available in the following variants: W4, W6, W8, W8 AWD, W10 and W10 AWD
- The New Age will be available in 7 colours Pearl White, Volcano Black, Moondust Silver, Dolphin Grey, Opulent Purple, Tuscan Red and an all New Sunset Orange
May 25, 2015, New Delhi: Mahindra &Mahindra Ltd. (M&M Ltd.), India’s leading SUV manufacturer, today unveiled the New Age XUV500. Packed with a host of cutting-edge technology features, bold new cheetah-inspired exterior styling, plush and premium new interiors, exhilarating performance and best-in-class safety, the New Age XUV 500 has been designed for a whole new experience. The New Age XUV500 will now be available in 6 variants, namely, W4, W6, W8, W8 AWD and the all new W10 &W10 AWD. It will be competitively priced at Rs. 11.21 lakhs (ex-showroom New Delhi*) for the W4 variant.
Further, the New Age XUV500 sports a sculpted new exterior look including a distinctive new front grille with chrome inserts, new static bending headlamps with stylish light guides, unique new fog lamps with chrome bezel, new premium window chrome lining, stylish new 43cm (17inch) alloy wheels and new rear chrome appliqué. The new electric sunroof, first in class logo projection lamps on ORVMs, 6-way power-adjustable driver’s seat, push button start, passive keyless entry, 18cm (7inch) touchscreen infotainment system with GPS, premium newblack and beige interiors, plush new beige leather seats, amongst other additions further redefine the premium feel. Launched in 2011, the XUV500 has been unmatched in terms of its head-turning style, performance, best in class safety and comfort thereby providing a complete driving experience to customers. The New Age XUV500 is all set to take this to newer heights.
Speaking at the launch of the New Age XUV500, Dr Pawan Goenka, Executive Director, Mahindra &Mahindra mentioned, The XUV500 has pushed the boundaries for Mahindra since its launch, on the fronts of technology, capability and brand. More so, it established the foundations for the development of an entirely new generation of vehicles from Mahindra. Today as we launch the New Age XUV500, we have enhanced the finesse and driving experience while retaining the DNA of the Cheetah inspired XUV500. I firmly believe that the New Age XUV500 will reaffirm our customers’ faith in Mahindra’s abilities to create world class products.
Pravin Shah, President &Chief Executive, (Automotive) Mahindra &Mahindra Ltd, said, Right from the day of its launch, the XUV500 has become a trendsetter for the Indian automotive industry. It has done wonders by becoming the fastest selling SUV (in the premium Rs 10 lac plus category) to reach the 1 lac vehicles milestone in less than three years. Today as we launch a new avatar with the New Age XUV500, I am confident that the product will once again resonate with our customers and excite them, with upgrades in styling, infotainment, ride and handling.
(*Local levies, Octroi, Entry Tax etc will be extra as applicable)
FEATURES OF THE NEW AGE XUV500
All New Contemporary, Bold Exterior Styling
One glance at the New Age XUV500 and its captivating, cheetah-inspired styling breaks the mould of the ordinary. Upfront, the new static-bending projection headlamps withlight guides embrace the bold and intimidating new stylish front grille. The addition of stylish black accents, bring alive the cheetah’s unmistakable tear ducts.. Enhanced further with sleek chrome accents and stylish new alloy wheels, the XUV500 has been completely overhauled. But one thing has stayed the same. Its enthralling and majestic presence on the road.
All new look for the Cheetah:
- Stylish New Front Grille with Chrome Inserts
- New Static Bending Projector Headlamps with Stylish Light Guides
- New Muscular Bonnet
- New Muscular Bumper
- Stylish New Fog Lamps with Chrome Bezel
- Stylish New Alloy Wheels
- New Window Chrome Lining
- New cheetah tear duct-like black accents
- New paw-styled Door Handles
- New rear Chrome Applicute
- Muscular Wheel Arches
Cutting Edge Hi-tech Features
Packed with advanced features, the New Age XUV500 offers cutting edge technology and features most other cars only dream of. The New Electric Sunroof with anti-pinch guarantees adventure at every step and driver’s seat is power adjustable in 6 different ways for ultimate comfort and convenience.The first-in-class ORVM logo lamps will make you the talk of the town in your New Age XUV500! The New Push-Button Start makes the vehicle roar into action in an instant while the New Passive Keyless Entry feature offers a new level of convenience. These, along with other features mentioned below make the New Age XUV500 a true force to reckon with.
New, hi-tech Cheetah:
- New Electric Sunroof
- New First- in - class Logo Projection Lamps on ORVMs
- New 6-way Power-adjustable Driver’s Seat
- New Push Button Start/ Stop
- New Passive Keyless Entry
- New 7" Touchscreen Infotainment with GPS Navigation, USB Audio/Video/Picture Viewer, Bluetooth, iPod Connectivity, AUX Input
- New Brake Energy Regeneration System
- New High-tech Reverse Parking Camera with Dynamic Assist
- New Voice Messaging System
- Voice Commands with Voice Recognition and SMS Read Out
- Mahindra BLUE SENSE® Technology to control the music system &HVAC using your mobile
- Fully Automatic Temperature Control (FATC)
- Micro Hybrid Technology
- Tyre-Tronics (Tyre Pressure &Temperature Monitoring System)
- Driver Information System
- Smart Rain and Light Sensors
- Cruise Control
Plush New Interiors:
The new premium black and beige interiors redefine luxury. With its premium, new dual-tone interiors, beige leather seats and best-in-class 2nd row space, the cabin of the XUV500 redefines luxury.
More luxury for the Cheetah:
- Premium New Black and Beige Interiors
- Plush New Beige Leather Seats
- Twin-pod Cluster with New Icy Blue Theme
- New Icy Blue Lounge Lighting
- New Sporty Aluminium Pedals
- New illuminated Scuff Plates
- Dual HVAC
- Power-adjustable and foldable ORVMs
Ride and Handling &Performance
Beneath the hood of the New Age XUV500 is its improved dynamic torque which delivers driving pleasure on any terrain. It is powered by the powerful turbocharged 2.2 litre 103 kW (140bhp) m-Hawk engine that delivers an impressive 330 Nm of torque, allowing the XUV500 to surge from 0-60 kmph in just 5.4 seconds. Further, the micro hybrid technology guarantees that it intelligently switches off the engine when not required.
Besides its splendid performance, it is extremely fuel efficient and gives a mileage of 16kmpl (ARAI certified). The sporty suspension of the XUV500 gives a lot of room for fun thanks to the McPherson struts up front and the independent multilink suspension in the rear.
New Brake Energy Regeneration in the New Age XUV500: This is regenerative braking technology in which additional electrical energy is generated through the alternator while braking or deceleration and preserved in the battery. This optimization process of electrical energy generation leads to reduced fuel consumption. Also, during acceleration, the generation process is disabled which reduces load on the engine leading to improvement in vehicle performance.
The New Age XUV500 continues to offer best-in-class safety in the SUV segment.It comes with:
A secure drive for the Cheetah:
- 6 Airbags - 2 front airbags, 2 side airbags and 2 curtain airbags
- Electronic Stability Program (ESP) with Rollover Mitigation
- Hill Hold &Hill Descent Control
- ABS with Electronic Brake Force Distribution (EBD)
- Disc brakes on all 4 wheels
- Crash protection crumple zones
- Side impact beams
Industry-First Purple Club
New Age XUV500 owners get membership of the premium, industry-first, international award winning PURPLE CLUB Program that provides lifestyle and service privileges to give an ownership experience that no other car/SUV can match.
Awards and Accolades
The XUV500 has received a tremendous response from customers and reviewers alike and was the most awarded car with 22 awardsin its first year after launch, and 29 awards till date, from auto experts aside fromnumerous otheraccolades. The Purple Club ownership experience program for the XUV500 also received the award for the best loyalty program at the CMO Asia Awards 2013 and 2014. The XUV500 has notched up prestigious wins in the Indian Rally Championship (IRC) 2014 and in ‘Extreme’ category of rally-raid events such as the Desert Storm, &Dakshin Dare. The XUV500 is the first ever diesel powered vehicle to win podiums in the Indian motorsport circuit, beating 54 competitors in the Desert Storm 2014.
The Mahindra Group focuses on enabling people to rise through solutions that power mobility, drive rural prosperity, enhance urban lifestyles and increase business efficiency.
A USD 16.5 billion multinational group based in Mumbai, India, Mahindra provides employment opportunities to over 200,000 people in over 100 countries. Mahindra operates in the key industries that drive economic growth, enjoying a leadership position intractors,utility vehicles,information technology, financial services and vacation ownership. In addition, Mahindra enjoys a strong presence in theagribusiness, aerospace, components, consulting services, defence, energy, industrial equipment, logistics,real estate, retail, steel, commercial vehicles andtwo wheeler industries.
In 2014, Mahindra featured on the Forbes Global 2000, a comprehensive listing of the world’s largest, most powerful public companies, as measured by revenue, profit, assets and market value. The Mahindra Group also received the Financial Times ‘Boldness in Business’ Award in the ‘Emerging Markets’ category in 2013.
Visit us at www.mahindra.com
For further enquiries please contact:
Senior General Manager (Communications)
Automotive &Farm Equipment Sectors
Office Direct Line – + 91 22 28468510
Office Email Address – email@example.com
Mobile: +91 9004012237
Other Key Releases
Nick Heidfeld opens the Formula E season with a podium finish at the Hong Kong ePrix.
Mahindra Racing, the only Indian constructor in World Championship racing, is making a habit of creating historic firsts. Our MGP3O motorcycle finished 1st AND 2nd in the rain-soaked Czech Republic Grand Prix!
Mahindra Defence Systems is partnering with Boeing to train the Indian Air Force on the mighty C-17 Globemaster.