Mahindra drives in the New Thar CRDe
The New Thar CRDe comes with:
- Enhanced exteriors with new front & rear bumpers, new muscular wheel arches, new clear lens headlamps, re-designed side footsteps and canopy to take the timeless design of the iconic Thar a notch higher.
- Premium new interiors: New dual-tone dashboard, wider seats, new steering wheel and door trims with arm rests, re-designed AC vents, new floor console with cup holders, new windshield demister, new gear knob, 12V charging point, provision for 2 DIN music system and lockable glove box.
- Industry-first, mechanical locking rear differential technology that engages automatically without driver intervention and provides enhanced off-road capability.
- The New Thar CRDe will continue to boast off-road features like the 44 degree approach angle and 27 degree departure angle, 4WD with high & low ratios, powerful 2500cc CRDe engine and a high ground clearance of 200mm.
- Available in 5 colors, Fiery Black, Red Rage, Mist Silver, Rocky Beige, & Diamond White.
July 22, 2015, Nasik: Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (M&M Ltd.), India ’s leading SUV manufacturer, today unveiled the New Thar CRDe, its popular true blue off-roader. The New Thar CRDe comes with enhanced exteriors, and all new interiors with added comfort & convenience features, all of which take the legendary off-roader to the next level.
Targeted at the off-roading enthusiasts and people wanting to make a unique style statement, the New Thar CRDe, will be competitively priced at Rs. 8.03 lacs (ex-showroom Nasik).
The New Thar CRDe is now an even more compelling proposition with features like a mechanical locking rear differential which further enhances its off-road capability. With its new front & rear bumpers, new butch-looking wheel arches, clear lens headlamps, new rugged tubular side footsteps and a redesigned canopy, the vehicle sports a distinctive new exterior which has raised the bar on its timeless and iconic look.
The new Thar also features more premium interiors including a new black-beige dashboard, more premium and wider seats, a redesigned center bezel, new sporty 3-pod instrument cluster, new steering wheel and gear knob, re-designed AC vents, new windshield demister and door trims. For added convenience, there’s a new lockable glove box and a new floor console with cup holders.
Built to tackle any terrain, the New Thar CRDe also retains its legendary off-road features like its extreme 440 approach angle, 270 departure angle, high ground clearance of 200mm, powerful 2500cc CRDe engine, and standard 4WD with high & low ratios.
Speaking at the launch of the New Thar CRDe, Pravin Shah, President & Chief Executive, (Automotive) Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd, said, Since its launch, the Thar has been the face of our tough and rugged DNA, a continuation of our legacy and what Mahindra stands for. Today as we launch the new avatar of this ever popular off-roader, the effort has been to enhance the appeal of a brand that is already a cult. Increasingly consumers are looking for a different lifestyle as they seek an adventure and fun experience and the Thar is the perfect companion for such thrill seekers. I am confident that in its new avatar, the Thar CRDe will not only continue to be ever popular among off-road enthusiasts but significantly widen its appeal amongst a whole new set of consumers.
The New Thar CRDe
Launched in 2010, the Thar CRDe is a true-blue, stylish off roader, an evolved version of the Mahindra CL340, the MM 540. The Thar CRDe, reflects the company’s legendary tough and rugged DNA like no other model and is the most favored recreational 4x4 vehicle among enthusiasts. The Thar is central to Mahindra Adventure off-roading events and is also the lead training vehicle at India’s only off-road training academy located at Igatpuri.
Over the years, the Thar has played a significant role in shaping the lifestyle vehicle segment in India. Its powerful CRDe engine delivers both power and fuel economy. The cabin can seat six, while two rear bench seats can be folded to create a massive luggage area.
It is available in a BS IV variant with power steering as a standard fitment, allowing for a comfortable drive. A wide range of genuine accessories & customization options are also available. With the introduction of the New Thar CRDe, it is all set to chart new terrain in the Indian automobile industry.
Superior Off-road Performance & Thrill of Driving
A cult off-roader, the New Thar CRDe can literally triumph over any terrain with its newly added first in class feature, the auto engaging differential lock.
- Extreme 440 approach angle and 270 departure angle
- Powerful 2500cc CRDe engine
- New mechanical locking rear differential
- High ground clearance of 200mm
Exteriors deliver Road Presence- both On and Off Road
The New Thar CRDe sports a distinctive new exterior to further enhance its timeless appeal.
- New front & rear bumpers – rugged looking bumpers complement the timeless design
- New wheel arches – butch looking wheel arches enhance the Thar’s appeal
- New side footsteps- for easy ingress and egress
- New redesigned canopy – lends a distinct look
- New clear lens head lamps – for added safety
Enhanced Interiors and Better Ergonomics
The New Thar CRDe, with its all new stylish interiors & new dual tone dashboard, make a compelling proposition, while its better ergonomics provide an enhanced user experience and added convenience.
- Premium new seats
- Dual tone dashboard
- 3-pod instrument cluster
- Re-designed AC vents
- New windshield demister
- Lockable glove box
- New steering wheel and gear knob
- New door trims
- New floor console with cup holders
The Mahindra Group focuses on enabling people to rise through solutions that power mobility, drive rural prosperity, enhance urban lifestyles and increase business efficiency.
A USD 16.9 billion multinational group based in Mumbai, India, Mahindra employs more than 180,000 people in over 100 countries. Mahindra operates in the key industries that drive economic growth, enjoying a leadership position intractors,utility vehicles,information technology, financial services and vacation ownership. In addition, Mahindra enjoys a strong presence in theagribusiness, aerospace, components, consulting services, defence, energy, industrial equipment, logistics,real estate, retail, steel, commercial vehicles andtwo wheeler industries.
In 2014, Mahindra featured on the Forbes Global 2000, a comprehensive listing of the world’s largest, most powerful public companies, as measured by revenue, profit, assets and market value. The Mahindra Group also received the Financial Times Boldness in Business’ Award in the Emerging Markets’ category in 2013.
Visit us at www.mahindra.com
For further enquiries please contact:
Senior General Manager (Communications)
Automotive & Farm Equipment Sectors
Direct Line – + 91 22 28468510
Email Address – email@example.com
Mobile: +91 9004012237
Other Key Releases
Nick Heidfeld opens the Formula E season with a podium finish at the Hong Kong ePrix.
Mahindra Racing, the only Indian constructor in World Championship racing, is making a habit of creating historic firsts. Our MGP3O motorcycle finished 1st AND 2nd in the rain-soaked Czech Republic Grand Prix!
Mahindra Defence Systems is partnering with Boeing to train the Indian Air Force on the mighty C-17 Globemaster.