Mahindra Adventure announces Season 6 calendar
- Introduces multi day expeditions, Kashmir to Kanyakumari (drive across the length of India) and Authentic Bhutan (an epic drive through the Land of the Thunder Dragon)
- Continues with popular Great Escapes, multi day Expeditions and Challenges (Off-Road and Time Speed Distance rally)
March 29, 2016, Mumbai: Mahindra & Mahindra today unveiled the Mahindra Adventure calendar for Season 6. A unique concept to showcase the tough and rugged DNA of Mahindra vehicles, Mahindra Adventure serves as the umbrella brand for a series of adventure and motor sports events.
Mahindra Adventure unleashes its spirit of adventure by hosting a series of events spread through the year;
- Great Escape, continues to be the off-roaders' choice to test the endurance of Mahindra's 4x4 vehicles on diverse terrain. We continue with 10 locations across India - winners from these rounds get to compete for the coveted Mahindra Off-Roading Trophy.
- New Multi-Day Escapes, such as Kashmir to Kanyakumari, an epic 15 day drive from Srinagar to Kanyakumari via Dharamshala, Kumbhalgarh, Little Rann, Goa and Munnar, Authentic Bhutan, a beautiful 8 day drive through the Himalayan kingdom have been added.
- Other drives like Authentic North East (a 10 day drive through Guwahati- Dirang- Tawang- Kaziranga- Shillong), Spiti Escape (7 day drive through Chandigarh- Narkanda- Sangla- Nako- Kaza- Manali), Monastery Escape (a 10 day drive through Delhi- Manali- Jispa- Sarchu- Leh –Srinagar), Royal Escape (a drive through Rajasthan for 6 days through Bikaner- Jaisalmer- Jodhpur- Pushkar- Delhi) & Wild Escape (4 day drive to various wildlife sanctuaries like Pench- Kanha- Tadoba) will continue to run. These multi-day escapes celebrate incredible India and the sub-continent by traversing exotic and unexplored locations, helping bring the concept of an 'Adventure Driving Experience' to a larger audience.
- Mahindra Challenges like the Club Challenge - the celebrated 2-day championship for Off-Road Clubs across the country & Monsoon Challenge, a 3-day TSD (Time Speed Distance) rally are also planned, in keeping with Mahindra Adventure's promise of providing adrenalin pumping challenges.
Mahindra Adventure will continue to promote the tough and rugged DNA of Mahindra vehicles through off-road training provided at the Mahindra Adventure Off-Road Training Academy at Igatpuri. Batches will be held every month to share knowledge on the basics of off-roading and also provide a hands on experience to off-road enthusiasts with advanced technical skills.
Speaking on the occasion, Mr. Vivek Nayer, Chief Marketing Officer, Automotive Division, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. said, "After the successful run of Mahindra Adventure Season 5, we are all geared up to unleash a series of Adventure initiatives throughout the year that promise greater thrills for the urban adrenaline seekers. With two new exciting multiday expeditions being added to this year's calendar, we are now expanding further into unchartered territory, covering all parts of the country and beyond."
About the Mahindra Adventure Initiative
A unique concept to showcase the off-roading capabilities of Mahindra vehicles, Mahindra Adventure functions as an umbrella brand with a series of adventure and motor sports events organised under its banner.
The Mahindra Adventure calendar comprises a series of events throughout the year such as the popular off-roading event, the Great Escape, several Challenges (sporting events in keeping with the company's promise of providing adrenaline pumping challenges), Multi-Day Escapes like Monastery Escape (Delhi -Manali - Jispa - Sarchu - Leh - Srinagar for 10 day), Royal Escape (Rajasthan drive for 6 days), Wild Escape (4 days drive to various Wild Life sanctuaries), Authentic North East (10 days) & Spiti Escape (7 days).
Mahindra Adventure also enters official teams in some of India's most popular motorsports events.
To spread the DNA of off-roading, the Mahindra Adventure team continues to hold off-road courses at the Mahindra Off- Road Training Academy, India's first and only dedicated off-road training centre. Located in the hills around Igatpuri, Maharashtra, the off-road training academy provides an off-roader’s dream landscape of close to 30-acres.
For more information please visit www.mahindraadventure.com
The Mahindra Group focuses on enabling people to rise through solutions that power mobility, drive rural prosperity, enhance urban lifestyles and increase business efficiency.
A USD 16.9 billion multinational group based in Mumbai, India, Mahindra provides employment opportunities to over 200,000 people in over 100 countries. Mahindra operates in the key industries that drive economic growth, enjoying a leadership position in tractors, utility vehicles, information technology, financial services and vacation ownership. In addition, Mahindra enjoys a strong presence in the agribusiness, aerospace, components, consulting services, defence, energy, industrial equipment, logistics, real estate, retail, steel, commercial vehicles and two wheeler industries.
In 2015, Mahindra & Mahindra was recognized as the Best Company for CSR in India in a study by the Economic Times. In 2014, Mahindra featured on the Forbes Global 2000, a comprehensive listing of the world’s largest, most powerful public companies, as measured by revenue, profit, assets and market value. The Mahindra Group also received the Financial Times ‘Boldness in Business’ Award in the ‘Emerging Markets’ category in 2013.
Visit us at www.mahindra.com
For further enquiries please contact:
Senior General Manager (Communications)
Automotive & Farm Equipment Sectors
Office Direct Line - + 91 22 28468510
Mobile: +91 9004012237
Office Email Address - firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Key Releases
Nick Heidfeld opens the Formula E season with a podium finish at the Hong Kong ePrix.
Mahindra Racing, the only Indian constructor in World Championship racing, is making a habit of creating historic firsts. Our MGP3O motorcycle finished 1st AND 2nd in the rain-soaked Czech Republic Grand Prix!
Mahindra Defence Systems is partnering with Boeing to train the Indian Air Force on the mighty C-17 Globemaster.