Mahindra KUV100 Clocks a Record Mileage of 30.16km/litre at the Guwahati Mileage Rally
A unique customer-centric initiative focused on the vehicle's fuel efficiency The rally takes Guwahati city by storm
Guwahati, June 13, 2016: Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (M&M Ltd.), India's leading SUV manufacturer, recently organized the 'KUV 100 Mileage Rally' in Guwahati, Assam, a unique customer engagement initiative aimed at highlighting the vehicle's superior mileage. The event was attended by more than 100 customers.
The KUV100 customers and their families assembled at Spring Valley Resort in Guwahati. All the participants were given a route map for navigation and all vehicles had to be fueled up to the maximum before the flag-off. The fuel was filled in the presence of neutral marshals to prevent any misreporting of mileage figures. The rally covered a distance of over 30 km. Before returning to the starting point, the amount of fuel consumed was measured and mileage was determined. All participants showed great enthusiasm and were able to average very good mileage, a particularly impressive feat, given the traffic heavy road conditions in the city of Guwahati. The winning vehicle, a KUV100, clocked an excellent mileage of 30.16km/litre, followed by another KUV100 that clocked an average of 28.57km/litre. The third prize went to the KUV100 that averaged 26.24km/litre.
With its dynamic design, aggressive SUV stance, the KUV100 remains true to the tough and rugged Mahindra DNA. Further, it has set new benchmarks in head turning style, premium interiors, spacious seating with flexi 6 seater & 5 seater options, world class safety, accessible technology, excellent performance, high fuel efficiency and many first in the class features. Today the KUV100 boasts of 43,000+ bookings and a large number of enquiries, reaffirming the immense popularity the KUV100 has garnered in such a short time. Conceptualized and developed with the aim of creating a new category with the SUV proposition at an attractive price point, the KUV100 has appealed significantly amongst youth and first time car buyers. Mahindra's ground up petrol engine mFALCON G80 and diesel engine mFALCON, D75 have also been well received by customers.
About the KUV100
Dynamic Design, Aggressive SUV Stance and a Dash of Style:
The exterior design mirrors today's youth and their aspirations, with its confident stance, focussed expression in the front underlined by the DRLs, the body creases reflecting modern dynamism, and all the accessories such as the cool and trendy wraparound sunglass-inspired headlamps and the chrome accents that accentuate the cool quotient of the KUV100.
- Sculpted bonnet
- Muscular body lines and bold undercuts
- Unique sunglass-like wraparound headlamps
- Double-barrel tail lamps
- Spider-design alloy wheels
- Clenched fist-inspired ORVMs
- Unique high-placed rear door handles
- Stylish roof rails
- Sporty rear spoiler
- Dual-tone rear bumper with sporty mud-flaps
- Chrome accents on front fog lamps and dual rear fog lamps
- Body side cladding
Refined, Stylish and Spacious Interiors:
The interiors of the KUV100 are designed for the young, stylish and intuitive, with all the requirements just a touch or a knob away. The spacious interiors can comfortably accommodate up to 6 people.
- Refined and stylish, dual-tone interiors with piano-black inserts
- Stylish, floating dashboard design
- Joystick-like gearshift
- Sporty front seats with integrated headrests and see-through bezel
- Premium quality fabric upholstery
- Mood lighting inside the door handles
- Sculpted steering wheel with bolsters
- Twin-pod instrument cluster
- Diamond-shaped outer AC vents
Under the hood, Mahindra KUV100 is powered by the all-new mFALCON petrol and diesel engines. Named after a bird of prey, the mFALCON is a compact lightweight engine built to deliver peppy performance, much like its namesake.
mFALCON G80 Petrol Engine
mFALCON D75 Diesel Engine
• High-tech, all aluminium engine
• Dual Variable Valve Timing for better fuel efficiency & performance
• Excellent low-end torque for quick acceleration
• Displacement: 1198 cc
• Max. power: 61 kW (82 bhp) @ 5500 rpm
• Max. torque: 115Nm @ 3500~3600 rpm
• Fuel efficiency: 18.15 km/l
• Turbocharged, Common Rail Direct Injection technology
• Excellent low-end torque for quick acceleration
• Displacement: 1198 cc
• Max. power: 57.4 kW (77bhp) @ 3750 rpm
• Max. torque: 190Nm @ 1750-2250 rpm
• Fuel efficiency: 25.32 km/l, India’s most fuel efficient SUV
Superior Ride and Handling:
The Cayman Dynamics-tuned suspension delivers car-like ride and handling. The KUV100 comes equipped with an Independent McPherson strut front suspension and a semi-independent twist beam rear suspension.
High on Safety:
KUV100 is ready ahead of time to meet the upcoming 2017 safety regulations (applicable to KUV100 in 2019).
- ABS and EBD standard across all variants
- Dual airbags
- ISOFIX mounts for child seat on rear seat with child safety locks on rear doors
- Robust monocoque construction
- 1st in class Dual Rear Fog Lamps
- Automatic Hazard lights on panic braking
- Engine immobilizer and security alarm
- Anti-slip clips for driver side floor mat
Accessible Technology Features:
- 1st in class (in diesel) Power/ECO Mode – choose how you want to drive
- 1st in class Micro-Hybrid Technology (Engine Start Stop) for higher fuel efficiency and lower emissions
- Infotainment with Driver Information System
- Slick TFT display
- Bluetooth audio and hands-free calling
- Steering-mounted audio and phone controls
- BlueSenseTM App compatibility
- Follow-me-home headlamps
- Lead-me-to-vehicle headlamps
- Electrically adjustable ORVMs
- Remote keyless entry
Comfort and Convenience Features:
Under-seat storage space: When you live the SUV life, you need ample space for cargo. Pull up the co-driver seat and you’ll discover just that. Here, you can tuck away all the everyday essentials you'll need when you're touring the country.
Under-floor storage space: Need even more storage space? The KUV100 even features a flat-floor storage in the 2nd row. This cleverly designed space lets you stow away those soiled clothes and shoes after your jaunt in the off-roads.
- Height-adjustable driver's seat
- 243 litres boot space (expandable to 473 litres)
- Unique flat-folding rear seat
- Adjustable headrests for all 3 passengers in the second row
- Cooled glove box
- Sunglass holder
- Tiltable electric power steering
- Puddle lamps on all doors
- Gear indicator on cluster
- LED interior roof lamp
- Driver-side coin holder
- Cup-holders in 1st & 2nd row armrests
- 1 litre bottle-holder in all 4 doors
- Illuminated key ring
- 12V power outlets for first & second row
The Mahindra Group focuses on enabling people to rise through solutions that power mobility, drive rural prosperity, enhance urban lifestyles and increase business efficiency.
A USD 16.9 billion multinational group based in Mumbai, India, Mahindra provides employment opportunities to over 200,000 people in over 100 countries. Mahindra operates in the key industries that drive economic growth, enjoying a leadership position in tractors, utility vehicles, information technology, financial services and vacation ownership. In addition, Mahindra enjoys a strong presence in the agribusiness, aerospace, components, consulting services, defence, energy, industrial equipment, logistics, real estate, retail, steel, commercial vehicles and two wheeler industries.
In 2015, Mahindra & Mahindra was recognized as the Best Company for CSR in India in a study by the Economic Times. In 2014, Mahindra featured on the Forbes Global 2000, a comprehensive listing of the world's largest, most powerful public companies, as measured by revenue, profit, assets and market value. The Mahindra Group also received the Financial Times 'Boldness in Business' Award in the 'Emerging Markets' category in 2013.
Visit us at www.mahindra.com
Our Social Media Channels:
Media contact information:
Senior General Manager (Communications)
Automotive & Farm Equipment Sectors
Office Direct Line - + 91 22 28468510
Office Email Address - firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Key Releases
Nick Heidfeld opens the Formula E season with a podium finish at the Hong Kong ePrix.
Mahindra Racing, the only Indian constructor in World Championship racing, is making a habit of creating historic firsts. Our MGP3O motorcycle finished 1st AND 2nd in the rain-soaked Czech Republic Grand Prix!
Mahindra Defence Systems is partnering with Boeing to train the Indian Air Force on the mighty C-17 Globemaster.