Mahindra Lifespaces Q4F16 results
Mahindra Lifespaces' Consolidated Total Income up 5% and Consolidated PAT up 59% (YoY) in Q4 FY16 Board recommends a dividend of 60%
Mumbai, April 26, 2016: Mahindra Lifespace Developers Limited (MLDL), the real estate and infrastructure development business of the Mahindra Group, announced its audited financial results for the quarter ended 31st March 2016 today.
- The Consolidated Total Income for Q4 FY16 is Rs. 282 crores compared to Rs. 231 crores in Q3 FY16 and Rs. 268 crores in Q4 FY15.
- The Consolidated PAT, post minority interest, is Rs. 49 crores compared to Rs. 8 crores in Q3 FY16 and Rs. 31 crores in Q4 FY15.
- The Consolidated Total Income for FY16 is Rs. 877 crores compared to Rs. 1148 crores in FY15.
- The Consolidated PAT, post minority interest, is Rs. 93 crores compared to Rs. 266 crores in FY15.
- FY15 performance includes the impact of sale of property in Byculla, Mumbai wherein the company had development rights on part of the property
The Board of Directors recommended a dividend of 60%
Commenting on the performance, Anita Arjundas, Managing Director & CEO, Mahindra Lifespace Developers Ltd., said, “Residential sales demonstrated strong QoQ performance across projects, resulting in a 17% growth in FY16 sales over the previous year. Execution performance was also strong during the quarter, resulting in a total of 0.3 mn sqm (3.3 mn sq ft) getting completed in FY16 vs. 0.1 mn sqm (1.2 mn sq ft) in FY15. Our joint venture with Sumitomo Corporation, for a new industrial cluster in North Chennai, saw fruition during the quarter with a 40% stake being taken up by them. A recovery in economic indicators will help drive demand in both our business segments.”
BUSINESS HIGHLIGHTS FOR Q4 FY16
Residential (Premium Residential + Affordable)
- Launched new residential project, Vivante in Andheri East, Mumbai with a saleable area of 0.01 mn sqm (0.16 mn sft)
- Achieved revenue recognition in 6 phases across 5 projects
- Achieved project completion in 5 phases across 4 projects; total area completed during quarter was 0.11 mn sqm (1.21 mn sft)
- Recorded sales of Rs. 294 crores in Q4 FY16 as compared to Rs. 134 crores in Q3 FY16
- Recorded sales of Rs. 830 crores in FY16 as compared to Rs. 708 crores in FY15, a growth of 17%
- Delivered over 800 homes to customers in FY16 as compared to 541 homes in FY15
- Signed 1 new customer in the DTA at MWC Jaipur in Q4 FY16
- 2 customers acquired additional space for expansion at MWC Jaipur in Q4 FY16
- Total acreage sold in FY16 was 29 acres
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION FOR Q4 FY16
- Mahindra World City Chennai declared “Best Township” in more than 200 acres category at NDTV Parryware Property Awards 2015 –16
- Luminare by Mahindra Lifespaces conferred with the CIDC Vishwakarma Award for Construction, Health, Safety and Environment
- Iris Court by Mahindra Lifespaces received the award for Best Residential Project in Chennai under the Affordable Housing Segment at the 10th CNBC Awaaz Real Estate Awards 2015 -16
About Mahindra Lifespace Developers Ltd.
Mahindra Lifespace Developers Ltd., the real estate and infrastructure development business of the $16.9 billion Mahindra Group, is a leader and pioneer in sustainable urban development, through the creation of residential and integrated large format developments across nine Indian cities - Mumbai, Pune, Nagpur, Gurgaon, Faridabad, Jaipur, Chennai, Hyderabad and Bengaluru. The Company’s residential & commercial development footprint includes over 1.20 million sq.m. (12.94 million sq ft) of completed projects and over 0.88 million sq. m. (9.44 million sq. ft.) of ongoing and forthcoming projects.
Mahindra Lifespaces has pioneered the concept of an integrated business city through ‘Mahindra World City’ developments in Chennai and Jaipur; built on the philosophy of ‘Livelihood-Living-Life’, these developments span 1796 hectares (4,437 acres), house over 125 global and Indian companies and serve to drive economic growth and community development. In addition, Mahindra Lifespaces enables access to quality housing at affordable prices via its brand ‘Happinest’.
A pioneer of the green homes movement in India, Mahindra Lifespaces is the first Indian real estate company to have voluntarily released its triple bottom-line focused, externally assured Sustainability xReport based on the GRI (Global Reporting Initiative) framework. In 2015, Mahindra Lifespaces has been recognized as Regional Sector Leader in Asia, in its category, by the Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark (GRESB) for the second year in a row.
About The Mahindra Group
The Mahindra Group focuses on enabling people to rise through solutions that power mobility, drive rural prosperity, enhance urban lifestyles and increase business efficiency
A USD 16.9 billion multinational group based in Mumbai, India, Mahindra provides employment opportunities to over 200,000 people in over 100 countries. Mahindra operates in the key industries that drive economic growth, enjoying a leadership position in tractors, utility vehicles,information technology, financial services and vacation ownership. In addition, Mahindra enjoys a strong presence in the agribusiness, aerospace, components, consulting services, defence, energy, industrial equipment, logistics, real estate, retail, steel, commercial vehicles and two wheelerindustries.
In 2015, Mahindra & Mahindra was recognized as the Best Company for CSR in India in a study by the Economic Times. In 2014, Mahindra featured on the Forbes Global 2000, a comprehensive listing of the world’s largest, most powerful public companies, as measured by revenue, profit, assets and market value. The Mahindra Group also received the Financial Times ‘Boldness in Business’ Award in the ‘Emerging Markets’ category in 2013.
Visit us at www.mahindra.com
Our Social Media Channels:
Twitter - https://twitter.com/MahindraRise
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/MahindraRise
For further enquiries please contact:
Deputy General Manager, Group Communications
Tel: +91 22 2490 5645
Chief Financial Officer and Chief Investor Relations Officer
Mahindra Lifespace Developers Ltd.
Phone: +91 22 6747 8660
Senior General Manager – Investor Relations
Mahindra Lifespace Developers Ltd.
Phone: +91 22 6747 8630>
Other Key Releases
Our Formula E Racing Team revealed the new livery for the mighty M3Electro, which was designed by the winner of the team's unique online competition #DrivenByDesign.
Mahindra Racing, the only Indian constructor in World Championship racing, is making a habit of creating historic firsts. Our MGP3O motorcycle finished 1st AND 2nd in the rain-soaked Czech Republic Grand Prix!
Mahindra Defence Systems is partnering with Boeing to train the Indian Air Force on the mighty C-17 Globemaster.