Mahindra Marine Unveils the Mahindra Odyssea 55
Made-to-Order Luxury Yachts from the Mahindra Odyssea Designer Series, crafted by Indian engineers #MakeInIndia
Mumbai, January 18, 2017: Mahindra Marine, the first foray of a major Indian industrial group into the defense and leisure boating industry and the only corporate boat manufacturer in the country, unveiled the latest addition to its portfolio, its new flagship yacht - the Mahindra Odyssey 55.
The Mahindra Odyssea 55, a 16.8-metre long (55-feet) luxury yacht, is part of the Mahindra Odyssea Designer series of speed boats, and offers a range of customization possibilities to Indian boating enthusiasts.
"Our flagship Mahindra Odyssea 55 series, built to suit Indian conditions, embodies 'Make in India' in its true form, even as it draws from global design expertise and Mahindra's proven engineering skills. An attractive combination of style, luxury and comfort, every luxury yacht is envisioned as a piece of art and can be designed and crafted to reflect the personality and lifestyle of individual customers. With this new addition to our portfolio, we are uniquely placed to cater to enthusiasts across the growing boating spectrum," said Hiten Ghelani, CEO, Mahindra Marine.
Mahindra Odyssea 55 - Product Specifications
|Length:||16.8m, 55 feet|
|Beam:||4.0m, 13 feet|
|Propulsion System:||Powered by twin-440HP Yanmar engines with a well-engineered shaft
propulsion system from Michigan Marine
|Accommodation:||Spacious Master Cabin, Crew Cabin, Day Saloon, Aft Party Area and Sun Beds
Fully Air Conditioned with Generator Power Back-up and Solar Panel for trickle
charging while at Sea
Its luxurious Interiors include:
- Spacious saloon area with day galley that has a private captain room
- Large windows and full height curved glass door giving a spectacular view to the sea
- Master Cabin with a spacious bed, personal bar corner, a shower cubicle and more
- Lower deck with a guest / crew cabin for 4 persons, a large galley and an independent toilet
- Large aft deck area that can be used as a great recreation / party area
- An elegant swim platform and bow sunbed area
- Natural teak flooring and teak veneered walls across the main deck, the swim platform, the aft deck, the saloon and the owner's room infused with high quality carpet and upholstery fabric
- Built to Class approved design by DNV-GL
- 64000 btu Marine air-conditioner
- Trickle charging solar panels mounted on the roof for energy conservation
Mahindra Odyssea Support and Service Package
- End-to-end services for a hassle-free experience including post sales manning and management
- Collaboration with leading engine manufacturers across the world to ensure seamless warranty & lifetime service support
- Guidance on a comprehensive service and support package
About Mahindra Odyssea
Mahindra Odyssea, the first foray of a major Indian industrial group into the defense and leisure boating industry is part of Mahindra Partners, the 1 Billion USD Private Equity & Venture Capital division of the Mahindra Group.
Mahindra Odyssea is one of the early entrants into FRP Boat Building, which designs and manufactures a wide range of light weight, low maintenance and a fuel efficient boating products. Mahindra Odyssea recognizes the diversity of needs of the Indian boating enthusiast and offers a range of products that represent the finest technology and design in the world, specially designed for Indian waters. Its competitively priced range of boats are built to navigate across coastal & inland waters.
Through its one-stop-shop solution, Mahindra Odyssea addresses end-to-end aspects of boat ownership. Visit us at http://www.mahindraodyssea.com/
About Mahindra Partners
Mahindra Partners is the 1 Billion USD Private Equity & Venture Capital division of the Mahindra Group, whose mission is to accelerate value creation through a diversified global portfolio of emergent businesses. Mahindra Partners adapts the Group's unique strengths of constant innovation, prudence and creative business models with a mandate of incubating new ventures for the Group. The division provides growth capital to bring its stakeholders diversified products and services.
Mahindra Partners manages portfolio companies in various industry sectors like Renewables, Steel, Logistics, Retail, Consulting, Media, Boat Manufacturing and Conveyor Systems. Visit us at www.mahindrapartners.com
Media contact information:
General Manager, Group Communications
Phone: +91 22 24975178
Mobile: +91 9769212078
Other Key Releases
From solar lamps and water jugs and even prosthetic limbs, 3D printing has the potential to drive positive change in the lives of people everywhere. The Mahindra Group has now designed and implemented a pilot project to bring its benefits to semi-urban and rural India.
2016 has gone down in history as Mahindra Racing's most successful Moto3™ World Championship campaign to date. Goals were achieved and surpassed, causing the bar to constantly raise as the season progressed.
Mahindra partners with IBM to develop cloud-based Block Chain application, one of the first projects of its kind in India outside of traditional banking.