Mahindra launches All New Automatic Transmission version of the New Age XUV500 in Australia
Features 6-speed Automatic Transmission, All Wheel Drive (AWD) Option and Several Hi-tech Features
Brisbane, May 6, 2016: Mahindra Automotive Australia Pty LTD (MAAPL), today announced the launch of the Automatic Transmission version of the New Age XUV500, a world class family SUV, in Australia. The Automatic Option will be available in 2 variants - W8 2WD and W8 AWD with prices starting from an attractive $31,900 for the W8 2WD variant. It will be available across Mahindra Australia Dealerships from May, 2016.
The 7 seater New Age XUV500 offers a 2nd generation 6-speed automatic transmission with an AWD option. The all new Automatic Transmission has been sourced from leading global supplier, AISIN, Japan. The new vehicle takes the driving experience to the next level with easy cruising on city roads as well as on challenging terrains.
Speaking at the launch, Pravin Shah, President & Chief Executive (Automotive), Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. said, "With its winning combination of aspirational styling, advanced technology, safety features, comfort and convenience, the XUV500 has created a niche for itself and has been a game changer in the premium SUV segment. In fact it has become one of the fastest selling SUVs to reach the 150,000 vehicles sales milestone in just 4 years. At Mahindra, it is our constant endeavor to offer advanced and accessible technologies to our customers. The XUV500 already has many technology firsts to its credit and now we have further pushed the boundaries with the introduction of the AISIN Automatic Transmission in the XUV500. I am sure that the XUV500 Automatic will be an instant hit with our customers in Australia."
Mahesh Kaskar, National Manager of Mahindra Ag & Auto Australia added "The XUV 500 Automatic with its numerous features and competitive pricing, is a great package. We are confident that it will be well accepted in Australia and will be a game changer for Mahindra's automotive operations in the country."
The New Age XUV500 sports a sculpted exterior including a distinctive new front grille with chrome inserts, new static bending headlamps with stylish light guides, unique fog lamps with a chrome bezel, stylish new 43cm (17-inch) alloy wheels and rear chrome appliqué. The vehicles also offers customers an 18 cm (7-inch) touchscreen infotainment system with GPS, and premium new interiors, including plush leather seats.
Standard features include:
- 7 Leather Seats
- Reverse Camera with Dynamic Assist
- 7-inch Satellite Navigation System
- Bluetooth music / phone connectivity
- Class leading boot space of 702 litres
- Class leading braked tow capacity of 2.5 tons
- Torquey 2.2 litre Turbo Diesel Engine
- Excellent fuel economy
- 6.7L/100km* Manual
- 7.4L/100km* Automatic
- *FWD Variants ADR 81/02 Combined Cycle.
- 70 Litre fuel tank for 900 kms plus range
- 3 ISOFIX Child Restraints in 2nd row
- 12 Volt Power Charging Sockets & Air Conditioning in all 3 rows
- Cooled front row centre storage box
- Wireless Tyre pressure monitoring of all 5 tyres for Safety
- 8 interior LED lights & 10 interior cup holders for Convenience
- ESC with rollover mitigation
- ABS with electronic brake-force distribution
- Hill Hold and Hill Descent Control
- Projector headlights with static bending projection lamps and DRLs (Daylight Running LEDs)
- 6 colour options (Pearl White, Sunset Orange, Tuscan Red, Dolphin Grey, Moondust Silver, Volcano Black)
W8 2WD 6 Speed Manual $29,900
W8 AWD 6 Speed Manual $32,900
W8 2WD 6 Speed Automatic $31,900
W8 AWD 6 Speed Automatic $34,900
Customers can visit us at www.mahindra.com.au
ABOUT THE NEW AGE XUV500 AUTOMATIC
- Fully Automatic Gearbox - The XUV500 Automatic features a completely new 2nd generation transmission with torque convertor and a planetary gear-train that enables smooth and precise gear shifts. The intuitive gear changes combine the responsiveness of a manual transmission with the hassle-free operation of an automatic, thereby providing the experience of both a relaxed cruise and spirited drive, as desired. The all new Automatic transmission allows dynamic gear shifts that are smooth and barely perceptible.
- Optimized gear ratios (with 2 overdrive gears) for better fuel efficiency - With 6 gears the XUV500 has a higher number of gear ratios than a conventional 5 speed automatic which enables the driveline to deliver the best fuel efficiency. The gear ratios in the 6 speed transmission are optimized to ensure that the engine uses the minimum amount of fuel.
- All-Wheel Drive - For adventure seekers the all new Automatic transmission also comes with an option of All Wheel Drive (AWD). The AWD ensures that the vehicle torque is suitably distributed between the wheels to provide the best traction on rugged or slippery roads, by sensing the difference in RPM between the front and rear wheels.
- Intelligent adaptation to terrains and altitudes - The intelligent all new transmission is capable of adapting to mid and high altitudes to enable best drivability in these conditions. The two uphill climbing modes allow the vehicle to take on slopes effortlessly.
- Easy cruising in the city - The automatic gearbox is capable of providing brisk acceleration and smooth delivery of torque across all 6 gears so as to enable a relaxed and stress free drive even in stop and go city traffic. It comes with a "creep function" to aid in slow moving traffic conditions.
- Manual Mode - The Manual mode is for those spirited drives as it allows the user to manually shift gears and extract the best performance from the vehicle.
- Minimum Service - In the XUV500 AT the Automatic Transmission Fluid is filled for life, ensuring service cost is kept to a minimum.
The Mahindra Group focuses on enabling people to rise through solutions that power mobility, drive rural prosperity, enhance urban lifestyles and increase business efficiency.
A USD 16.9 billion multinational group based in Mumbai, India, Mahindra provides employment opportunities to over 200,000 people in over 100 countries. Mahindra operates in the key industries that drive economic growth, enjoying a leadership position in tractors, utility vehicles, information technology, financial services and vacation ownership. In addition, Mahindra enjoys a strong presence in the agribusiness, aerospace, components, consulting services, defence, energy, industrial equipment, logistics, real estate, retail, steel, commercial vehicles and two wheeler industries.
In 2015, Mahindra & Mahindra was recognized as the Best Company for CSR in India in a study by the Economic Times. In 2014, Mahindra featured on the Forbes Global 2000, a comprehensive listing of the world's largest, most powerful public companies, as measured by revenue, profit, assets and market value. The Mahindra Group also received the Financial Times 'Boldness in Business' Award in the 'Emerging Markets' category in 2013.
Visit us at www.mahindra.com
Our Social Media Channels:
Media contact information:
Senior General Manager (Communications)
Automotive & Farm Equipment Sectors
Office Direct Line - + 91 22 28468510
Office Email Address - firstname.lastname@example.org
For enquiries please contact:
Marketing Manager Mahindra Automotive Australia,
4/20 Buttonwood Place, Willawong, Brisbane, QLD 4110.
Phone: (07) 3213-1211
Other Key Releases
From solar lamps and water jugs and even prosthetic limbs, 3D printing has the potential to drive positive change in the lives of people everywhere. The Mahindra Group has now designed and implemented a pilot project to bring its benefits to semi-urban and rural India.
2016 has gone down in history as Mahindra Racing's most successful Moto3™ World Championship campaign to date. Goals were achieved and surpassed, causing the bar to constantly raise as the season progressed.
Mahindra partners with IBM to develop cloud-based Block Chain application, one of the first projects of its kind in India outside of traditional banking.