Mahindra launches the Sporty & Bold looking NuvoSport
- NuvoSport is a feature-rich, sporty SUV with bold styling built on the same new generation platform as the Scorpio
- Price starts at an attractive Rs. 7.35 lakhs (ex-showroom Thane for N4 variant)**
- To be available across Mahindra dealerships pan India with immediate effect
- NuvoSport reflects the aspirations of today's consumers who have or want an active lifestyle. It comes with:
- Sporty Styling with a bold stance – A bold front grille, trendy daytime running lights, sporty 16” alloy wheels, sporty bonnet scoop, imposing wheel arches, stylish side cladding and tailgate-mounted spare wheel lend a true blue SUV look to the NuvoSport.
- New Generation Platform - The NuvoSport is based on the same platform as the New Generation Scorpio and comes with Comfort Suspension and Anti-Roll Technologies that enable an excellent drive.
- Thrilling Performance – The NuvoSport's 1.5L mHawk100 diesel engine delivers 74.6kw (100bhp) power and best in class* torque of 240 Nm, ensuring a peppy and adrenaline-charged drive.
- Advanced Technology – The NuvoSport's autoSHIFT - Automated Manual Transmission (AMT) makes driving through traffic effortless. Other highlights include a 15.7 cm (6.2") Touchscreen Infotainment System, ECO/Power Mode, Micro Hybrid Technology, Driver Information System, Cruise Control and AC ECO mode.
- Premium Interiors – Classy and plush dual-tone interiors, plush faux leather upholstery, chrome-accented instrument cluster, sporty aluminium pedals and scuff plates ensure that the NuvoSport interiors are as impressive as the exterior styling.
- Superior Comfort - Best-in-class* width and height, flexible 5+2 seating arrangement with unique reclining 2nd row seat, best-in-class* boot space of 412L and a flat floor in the 2nd row add a whole new dimension to comfort.
- Uncompromised Safety – The NuvoSport comes with ABS with EBD and dual airbags right from the base variant as optional, side intrusion beams, front fog lamps and a digital engine immobiliser.
- Excellent warranty of 3 years/1Lac kms.
- The NuvoSport is available in 6 variants – N4, N4+, N6, N6 AMT, N8, N8 AMT – and in 6 attractive colours - Molten Red, Rust Orange, Diamond White, Regal Blue, Mist Silver and Fiery Black.
- The NuvoSport is manufactured at Mahindra's world-class plant in Nasik, Maharashtra.
April 04, 2016, Mumbai: Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (M&M), India's leading SUV manufacturer, today launched its latest SUV - the NuvoSport, giving a further boost to its leadership position in the UV segment. With its sporty styling and bold stance, the NuvoSport is the perfect companion to enable an active lifestyle. Available at Mahindra dealerships across India from today, the NuvoSport starts at an attractive price of Rs. 7.35 lakhs (ex-showroom Thane for N4 variant)**.
Key highlights include its autoSHIFT (AMT) technology, the same New Generation Platform as Scorpio, a 1.5-litre mHawk100 diesel engine that delivers 74.6 kW (100 bhp) of power and best in class* torque of 240 Nm, best in class* width and height among compact SUVs, flexible 5+2 seating, a unique adjustable and reclining 2nd row, plush dual tone interiors, faux leather upholstery, 15.75cm (6.2") Touchscreen Infotainment System, ABS with EBD and dual airbags available right from the base variant as optional and standard from the mid variant.
Speaking at the launch, Pravin Shah, President & Chief Executive, Mahindra & Mahindra said, "Today Mahindra enjoys leadership position in the Indian SUV market. We are committed to retaining this leadership through a class-leading product portfolio, which we offer for meeting the entire spectrum of customer aspirations at various price points. While our current SUV portfolio is quite comprehensive, we identified a need gap where consumers are looking for a true blue SUV that will enable their active lifestyles. The launch of the NuvoSport with its unique positioning encourages consumers to go out and fulfil their bucket lists in the area of adventure sports. We are confident the NuvoSport will emerge as yet another winner from our stable."
The NuvoSport is available in 6 variants N4, N6 & N8 (N6 & N8 are available with optional AMT versions and the N4 will come with optional dual airbags & ABS with EBD). It comes in 6 attractive shades of Molten Red, Rust Orange, Diamond White, Regal Blue, Mist Silver and Fiery Black.
FEATURES OF THE NUVOSPORT
Sporty and Bold Styling
The sporty design and bold body contours of the NuvoSport reflect your active lifestyle.
Driving the NuvoSport is an adrenaline packed experience with its light-weight 1.5L mHawk diesel engine that delivers 74.6 kw (100 bhp) power and best in class* torque of 240 Nm. With its New Generation Platform, Comfort Suspension and Anti-Roll Technologies, the NuvoSport offers an excellent ride and handling experience.
The NuvoSport utilises technology to transform your driving experience. One of the few SUVs to offer AMT, the NuvoSport ensures that driving is an effortless experience in traffic.
An attractive, dual-tone interior theme give the NuvoSport's interiors their classy appeal.
Superior Space and Comfort
The NuvoSport comes equipped with best-in-class* width and height, plus a range of essential safety, comfort and convenience features. So your active lifestyle gets in plenty of rest and relaxation too.
- 60:40 foldable 2nd row seats
- Unique 2nd row seats that recline, flip and fold down completely
- Flexi 3rd row seats that fold down to enable additional recline to the 2nd row seat
An adventure lover knows the importance of safety and precautions. Equipped with the latest in safety and security, the NuvoSport is no different.
The Mahindra Group focuses on enabling people to rise through solutions that power mobility, drive rural prosperity, enhance urban lifestyles and increase business efficiency.
A USD 16.9 billion multinational group based in Mumbai, India, Mahindra provides employment opportunities to over 200,000 people in over 100 countries. Mahindra operates in the key industries that drive economic growth, enjoying a leadership position in tractors, utility vehicles, information technology, financial services and vacation ownership. In addition, Mahindra enjoys a strong presence in the agribusiness, aerospace, components, consulting services, defence, energy, industrial equipment, logistics, real estate, retail, steel, commercial vehicles and two wheeler industries.
In 2015, Mahindra & Mahindra was recognized as the Best Company for CSR in India in a study by the Economic Times. In 2014, Mahindra featured on the Forbes Global 2000, a comprehensive listing of the world's largest, most powerful public companies, as measured by revenue, profit, assets and market value. The Mahindra Group also received the Financial Times 'Boldness in Business' Award in the 'Emerging Markets' category in 2013.
Visit us at www.mahindra.com
Our Social Media Channels:
For further enquiries please contact:
Senior General Manager (Communications)
Automotive & Farm Equipment Sectors
Office Direct Line - + 91 22 28468510
Office Email Address - firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Key Releases
Our Formula E Racing Team revealed the new livery for the mighty M3Electro, which was designed by the winner of the team's unique online competition #DrivenByDesign.
Mahindra Racing, the only Indian constructor in World Championship racing, is making a habit of creating historic firsts. Our MGP3O motorcycle finished 1st AND 2nd in the rain-soaked Czech Republic Grand Prix!
Mahindra Defence Systems is partnering with Boeing to train the Indian Air Force on the mighty C-17 Globemaster.