Mahindra Drives in the Most Powerful Scorpio Ever
The New Scorpio now comes with a 103 kW (140 bhp) mHawk engine, new 6-speed transmission, enhanced driving dynamics, bold styling and luxurious comfort
Price starts at Rs 9.97 lakhs (ex-showroom Delhi, for S3 variant); to be available at Mahindra dealerships across India with immediate effect
- The New ‘All Powerful’ Scorpio is more powerful, more stylish, more hi-tech, more luxurious and more refined than ever before:
- More Powerful - An enhanced mHawk engine to deliver higher power of 103 kW (140 bhp) and torque of 320 Nm. Enhanced low-end torque ensures a comfortable city drive & abundant mid-range torque delivers a pleasurable highway drive
- New 6th generation Borg Warner Turbo Charger makes the drive peppy and responsive
- An all-new easy shift 6-Speed Transmission that optimizes performance in each gear, enables cruising on highways in overdrive and enhances fuel efficiency
- New Imposing Styling - New aggressive chrome grille, new fog lamps with chrome bezels, new muscular alloy wheels, new ORVMs with integrated side turn indicators, new redesigned tail gate with chrome applique and new sleek red lens LED tail lamps
- New refinements in NVH offers a quieter cabin experience
More plush interiors with premium faux leather seats, faux leather wrapped steering and gear lever, new roof mounted sunglass holder and enhanced storage spaces
- Enhanced technology with new reverse parking camera with dynamic assist, new 1-touch lane change indicator and new auto window roll-up
- New latest generation braking system with 9.1 Bosch ABS offers enhanced braking capabilities
- The New Scorpio will be available in the following variants: S3 (75 bhp m2DICR engine); S5, S7 (120 bhp, 280 Nm mHawk engine) and S7 & S11 (with 140 bhp, 320 Nm mHawk engine & optional 4WD on S11)
- Available in 5 attractive colours – New premium Pearl White (Only on S11), Diamond White (Except S11), Napoli Black, D Sat Silver and Molten Red. It will be offered in 7,8 & 9 seating configurations
November 14 2017, Delhi: Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (M&M Ltd.), India's leading SUV manufacturer, today launched a new avatar of the Scorpio, its iconic SUV – the All Powerful Scorpio. The new All Powerful Scorpio comes with higher power and torque, new 6-speed transmission, enhanced performance, imposing styling and luxurious comfort. It has been competitively priced at Rs. 9.97 lakhs (ex-showroom Delhi, for S3 variant) and will be available in Mahindra dealerships across India with immediate effect. The new All Powerful Scorpio will be available in 6 variants, namely, S3, S5, S7 (120 bhp), S7 (140 bhp), S11 (140 bhp) & S11 (140 bhp with 4WD)
Speaking on the launch, Rajan Wadhera, President – Automotive Sector, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. said, "The Scorpio has pushed the boundaries for Mahindra and created new benchmarks for others ever since its launch in 2002. To see the Scorpio become the pride of over 6 lakh customers is a matter of pride. Today as we launch the New All Powerful Scorpio, we have further enhanced its on road presence while retaining its core DNA of power, thrill and adventure. I firmly believe that the consumers will find the New All Powerful Scorpio a perfect companion for their thrilling and adventurous journeys."
Under the hood, the new Scorpio is powered by the mighty mHawk engine which has been enhanced to deliver higher power of 140 bhp and more torque of 320 Nm. Its enhanced low-end torque ensures a pleasurable city drive & abundant mid-range torque delivers a pleasurable highway drive.
Its new 6th generation Borg Warner Turbo Charger makes the drive peppy and responsive all through. The all-new easy shift 6-Speed Transmission optimizes performance, allows cruising on highways and saves fuel.
Its refinement in NVH ensures a quieter cabin. The vehicle’s new and more imposing exteriors add a whole new dimension, while faux leather interiors give it a more stylish and premium feel. Its new latest generation braking system with 9.1 Bosch ABS system offers enhanced high-speed braking and improved brake feel.
A dominant force in the SUV landscape since its launch in 2002, the Scorpio is a style statement and a symbol of adventure, power & thrill and the new All Powerful Scorpio will further take it to greater heights.
The new Scorpio comes with enhanced technology features like the new reverse parking camera with dynamic assist, new 1-touch lane change indicator and new auto window roll-up. It comes loaded with many advanced technology features like projector headlamps with static bending technology, 6-inch touch-screen infotainment with GPS, fully automatic temperature control, etc.
Scorpio’s tough chassis based SUV-build makes it safer than cars and gives it significantly better rough road & off-road capabilities. It is high on safety features with dual front airbags, anti-lock braking system (ABS), collapsible steering column & side intrusion beams, panic brake indication, engine immobilizer, etc.
It will be available in multiple seating configurations allowing owners to choose from 7, 8 & 9 seater options to match their needs. It will be available at Mahindra dealerships starting November 14, 2017 in 5 attractive colour options, namely, new Pearl White (Only in S11), Diamond White (Except S11), Napoli Black, D Sat Silver, Molten Red and 6 variants - S3, S5, S7 (120 bhp), S7 (140 bhp), S11 (140 bhp) and S11 (140 bhp with 4WD)
New features and key enhancements in the new All Powerful Scorpio
- Scorpio's signature thrilling drive with the iconic powerful mHawk engine:
- Now delivers 103 kW (140 bhp) of power
- New enhanced Torque of 320 Nm
- Its enhanced low-end torque ensures a pleasurable city drive
- Abundant mid-range torque delivers a pleasurable highway drive
- New 6th Generation Borg Warner Turbo Charger makes the drive peppy and responsive New easy shift 6-Speed Transmission optimizes performance, cruise on highways in overdrive and save fuel
- New Refinements in NVH result in a quieter cabin
- New latest generation braking system with 9.1 Bosch ABS offers enhanced high-speed braking and improved brake feel
Imposing, New Styling:
- New imposing front grille with chrome inserts
- New muscular alloy wheels
- New ORVMs with integrated side turn indicators
- New stylish fog lamps with a chrome bezel
- New impressive tailgate with chrome applique and an aeroblade wiper
- New sleek red lens LED tail lamps
- New redesigned footstep on the rear bumper
- New clear lens turn indicators and bold chrome highlights in the headlamps
- New skid plate
- New upper and lower grille mesh design
- New look air extractors
Premium Interiors with convenience Features
- New plush faux leather seats with faux leather wrapped steering wheel and gear lever
- New roof mounted sunglass holder
- New mobile holder slot and bigger cubbyholes
Technologically Advanced Features
- New reverse parking camera with dynamic assist
- New 1-touch lane change indicator
- New auto window roll-up
- Projector headlamps with static bending technology and LED eyebrows
- 15cms (6”) touch screen infotainment with Bluetooth/ CD/ DVD/ USB/ Aux
- GPS navigation in 10 languages
- Driver information system
- Steering mounted audio & cruise controls
- Cushion suspension & anti-roll technology
- Shift-on-the-fly 4WD system
- Electrically adjustable ORVMs
- Micro hybrid technology
- Rain & light sensors
- Gear shift indicator
- Voice assist system
- Dual Airbags (Passenger + Driver)
- Panic brake indication
- Collapsible steering column & side intrusion beams
- Engine immobilizer
- Anti-theft warning
- Seat belt reminder lamp
- Speed alert
- Auto door lock while driving
The Mahindra Group is a USD 19 billion federation of companies that enables people to rise through innovative mobility solutions, driving rural prosperity, enhancing urban living, nurturing new businesses and fostering communities. It has a leadership position in utility vehicles, information technology, financial services and vacation ownership in India and is the world’s largest tractor company, by volume. It also enjoys a strong presence in agribusiness, components, commercial vehicles, consulting services, energy, industrial equipment, logistics, real estate, steel, aerospace, defence and two wheelers. Headquartered in India, Mahindra employs over 200,000 people across 100 countries.
Learn more about Mahindra on www.mahindra.com / Twitter and Facebook: @MahindraRise
Media contact information:
Vice President (Communications)
Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd.
Office Direct Line – + 91 22 28468510
Office Email Address – firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Key Releases
From solar lamps and water jugs and even prosthetic limbs, 3D printing has the potential to drive positive change in the lives of people everywhere. The Mahindra Group has now designed and implemented a pilot project to bring its benefits to semi-urban and rural India.
2016 has gone down in history as Mahindra Racing's most successful Moto3™ World Championship campaign to date. Goals were achieved and surpassed, causing the bar to constantly raise as the season progressed.
Mahindra partners with IBM to develop cloud-based Block Chain application, one of the first projects of its kind in India outside of traditional banking.