Mahindra launches Plush New XUV500
Sets new benchmark in premium SUV segment with bold new design, plush interiors, enhanced power and torque and superior fit & finish
Now available at a new price starting at Rs. 12.32 lakhs (ex-showroom Mumbai, for W5 variant)*
- Bold New Design with new front grille with chrome inserts, new LED DRLs, fog lamps with refreshing new chrome bezel, new diamond-cut 45.72 cm (235/60 R18) alloy wheels and new redesigned tailgate with split tail-lamps & new rear spoiler.
- More Luxurious & Plush - Black and tan interiors with new quilted tan leather seats, finely crafted soft touch leather dashboard & door trims and piano black center console.
- More Powerful with enhanced torque – The mHawk155 engine delivers higher power of 114 kW and torque of 360 Nm with 6th generation electronically controlled Variable Geometry Turbocharger (eVGT), thereby making the drive peppy and more responsive.
- A more refined & pleasurable driving experience with refinements in NVH and an enhanced suspension set-up.
- Loaded with best in class hi-tech features - Electric sunroof with first-in-class ORVM logo projection lamps, New Smart Watch connectivity, 18 cm (7 inch) touch screen infotainment with GPS navigation, Arkamys™ enhanced audio, Android Auto, industry-first, award-winning Connected Apps & Ecosense Technology amongst other such features.
- The Plush New XUV500 continues to offer best-in-class safety with 6 airbags, ABS with EBD, hill hold and hill descent control, first-in-class emergency call, disc brakes on all wheels & several other safety features
- Available in 5 diesel variants including an optional pack with larger 45.72 cm Alloy wheels and 1 petrol variant. Customers can choose from 7 attractive colors – New Crimson Red, New Mystic Copper, Pearl White, Volcano Black, Moon dust Silver, Opulent Purple & Lake Side Brown
April 18, 2018, Mumbai: Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (M&M Ltd.), part of the USD 19 billion Mahindra Group, today launched the Plush New XUV500 which sets a new benchmark in the premium SUV segment with a bold new design, plush, luxurious interiors and higher power and torque. It offers a more pleasurable ride through an enhanced suspension, and comes with a quieter cabin. Starting at an attractive new price of Rs. 12.32 lakhs (ex-showroom Mumbai, for W5 variant)*, it will be available at Mahindra dealerships across India with immediate effect.
Speaking at the launch of The Plush New XUV500, Rajan Wadhera, President, Automotive Sector, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. said, “Since its launch in 2011, the XUV500 has been a trendsetter in the premium SUV segment with its great value proposition of head-turning style, aspirational hi-tech features, unmatched performance and best-in-class safety. The XUV500 was the creator of the premium SUV segment in the Rs. 12 to 18 lakhs price range in India and continues to be the frontrunner in the segment when it comes to setting new trends and pushing boundaries. Today, with the launch of The Plush New XUV500, we have strengthened its value proposition further by creating new benchmarks in luxury and styling. It has been designed to meet the customer’s rising aspirations for more premium and luxurious offerings.”
The Plush New XUV500 sets new benchmarks with differentiated offerings, including:
- Soft-touch Leather on Dashboard and Door-trims
- Luxurious Quilted Tan Leather Seats
- Industry-First Smart Watch Connectivity
- New 6th generation electronically controlled Variable Geometry Turbocharger (eVGT)
- Industry-First Connected Apps & Ecosense Technology
- Arkamys Enhanced Audio
- 45.72 cm (235/60 R18) Diamond-cut Alloy Wheels
The Plush New XUV500 comes with a bold and head-turning new design comprising a new wider grille with chrome inserts, fog lamps with a refreshing new chrome bezel, an all-new, stylish tailgate with spit tail-lamps and a new spoiler, stunning LED DRLs and larger 45.72 cm (235/60 R18) diamondcut alloys. The interiors of the new XUV500 are now more luxurious and come with a premium new tan and black theme comprising of new quilted tan leather seats, finely crafted soft-touch leather dashboard and door trims and a new piano-black center console. The fit and finish of the new XUV500 has been further refined and its cabin is now even quieter.
Equipped with a more powerful mHawk155 engine the new XUV500 comes with higher power of 114 kW (155 BHP) and higher torque of 360 Nm. The new 6th generation electronically controlled Variable Geometry Turbocharger (eVGT) has improved the low-end torque further, to ensure an even more pleasurable urban driving experience. The enhanced suspension of the new XUV500 promises a plusher ride. New technology offerings in the XUV500 include the industry-first smart watch connectivity and Arkamys™ enhanced audio output.
It continues to offer aspirational hi-tech features, which are not available even in vehicles that are double its price. It is high on safety features with 6 airbags, ABS with EBD, ESP with Rollover mitigation, hill hold and hill descent control and disc brakes on all wheels. In addition, the XUV500 also offers the first-in-class safety feature of Emergency Calling.
Available in 5 diesel variants, including an optional pack, namely W5, W7, W9, W11 & W11 OPT, the new XUV500 will also offer one gasoline option of G AT to customers. It also offers the widest range of diesel automatic variants, namely W7 AT, W9 AT, W11 AT, W11 OPT AT and W11 OPT AWD AT. Customers can now also choose from 7 attractive colors – New Crimson Red, New Mystic Copper, Pearl White, Volcano Black, Moon dust Silver, Opulent Purple and Lake Side Brown
In select cities, prospects can experience the Plush New XUV500 through “Bring the Showroom Home” - a portable, mobile based interactive Virtual Reality experience. This is an all-encompassing and immersive virtual showroom experience wherein customers can explore the XUV500 in 360 degree view through a VR device from the comfort of their home. Customers can also book the Plush New XUV500 online at www.m2all.com and www.syouv.com.
NEW FEATURES AND KEY ENHANCEMENTS IN THE PLUSH NEW XUV500
Bold, new head-turning design
- Bold new front grille with chrome inserts
- New redesigned tailgate with split tail-lamps
- New bigger sporty 45.72 cm (235/60 R18) diamond-cut alloy wheels
- Stunning new Day-time Running Lights (DRLs)
- New aerodynamic rear spoiler & D pillar applique
- Fog lamps with new chrome bezel
- New chrome cladding on door sill
- New dual color ski-racks
Enhanced Luxury quotient with plush new interiors
- New luxurious quilted tan leather seats
- New black and tan interiors
- New soft touch leather dashboard & door trims
- New piano black center console
- New silver inserts
- Icy Blue Lounge Lighting
- Illuminated Scuff Plates
- Sporty aluminum pedals
Higher Power & Torque
- More powerful 2.2 litre mHawk155 diesel with a 6th generation eVGT (electronically controlled Variable Geometry Turbocharger)
- More Power: 114 Kw (155 BHP)
- More Torque: 360 Nm
- Improved low and mid-range torque for a pleasurable drive in cities as well as on highways
Refinements in NVH and Ride
- Quieter cabin
- More comfortable ride through an enhanced suspension set-up
Cutting Edge & Hi-tech Features
- Electric Sunroof with Anti-pinch
- 6-way Power-adjustable Driver’s Seat
- First-in- class Logo Projection Lamps on ORVMs
- 7" Touchscreen Infotainment with GPS Navigation, USB Audio/Video/Picture Viewer, Bluetooth, iPod Connectivity, AUX Input
- Reverse Parking Camera with Dynamic Assist
- Android Auto
- Connected Apps
- Ecosense Technology
- Fully Automatic Temperature Control (FATC)
- Smart Watch Connectivity
- Arkamys audio
- Tire-Tronics (Tyre Pressure & Temperature Monitoring System)
- Push Button Start / Stop
- Passive Keyless Entry
- Smart Rain and Light Sensors
- Cruise Control
- Brake Energy Regeneration System
- Voice Messaging System
- Voice Commands with Voice Recognition and SMS Read Out
- Mahindra BLUE SENSE® Technology
The Plush New XUV500 continues to offer best-in-class safety in the SUV segment. It comes with:
- 6 Airbags - 2 front airbags, 2 side airbags and 2 curtain airbags
- Electronic Stability Program (ESP) with Rollover Mitigation
- Hill Hold & Hill Descent Control
- First-in-class Emergency Call
- ABS with Electronic Brake Force Distribution (EBD)
- Disc brakes on all 4 wheels
- Crash protection crumple zones
- Side impact beams
Industry-First Purple Club Engagement Program
The plush NewXUV500 owners get membership of the premium, industry-first, and international award-winning PURPLE CLUB Program that provides lifestyle and service privileges, offering an ownership experience that no other car/SUV can match.
Awards and Accolades
The XUV500 has more than 2 lakh satisfied customers across the world and is one of the most awarded Indian vehicles with more than 30 awards till date. The Purple Club ownership experience program for the XUV500 was awarded the best loyalty program at the CMO Asia Awards 2013 and 2014. The XUV500 has notched up prestigious wins in the INRC 2017 and the Indian Rally Championship (IRC) 2014. It has also won rally-raid events such as the Desert Storm and Dakshin Dare.
Please use the following hashtags for social media updates:
The Mahindra Group is a USD 19 billion federation of companies that enables people to rise through innovative mobility solutions, driving rural prosperity, enhancing urban living, nurturing new businesses and fostering communities. It enjoys a leadership position in utility vehicles, information technology, financial services and vacation ownership in India and is the world’s largest tractor company, by volume. It also enjoys a strong presence in agribusiness, aerospace, commercial vehicles, components, defense, logistics, real estate, renewable energy, speedboats and steel, amongst other businesses. Headquartered in India, Mahindra employs over 2,40,000 people across 100 countries.
Learn more about Mahindra on www.mahindra.com / Twitter and Facebook: @MahindraRise
Media contact information:
Vice President (Communications)
Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd.
Office Direct Line – + 91 22 28468510
Office Email Address – firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Key Releases
From solar lamps and water jugs and even prosthetic limbs, 3D printing has the potential to drive positive change in the lives of people everywhere. The Mahindra Group has now designed and implemented a pilot project to bring its benefits to semi-urban and rural India.
2016 has gone down in history as Mahindra Racing's most successful Moto3™ World Championship campaign to date. Goals were achieved and surpassed, causing the bar to constantly raise as the season progressed.
Mahindra partners with IBM to develop cloud-based Block Chain application, one of the first projects of its kind in India outside of traditional banking.