SsangYong Motor Global Sales Record 12,349 units in May 2017
- G4 Rexton's first month sales record 2,703 units, new sensation in large premium SUV market
- Tivoli and G4 Rexton lead compact SUV market and large SUV market respectively, contributing to growth of Company's domestic sales to over 10,000 units for the first time this year
- SsangYong to expand sales by strengthening its SUV lineup based on Tivoli and G4 Rexton
Seoul, S. Korea, June 1, 2017: SsangYong Motor Company(CEO Choi Johng-sik; www.smotor.com), part of the Mahindra Group, today announced that the company sold a total of 12,349 units in May 2017 – 10,238 units in domestic sales and 2,111in exports.
SsangYong's May sales soared by 11.5 percent compared to April 2017 largely helped by domestic sales growth, which jumped by 20 percent from the previous month,thanks to the launch of the G4 Rexton.
The first month sales of the G4 Rexton, a new sensation in the large SUV market, was 2,703 units that has led the premium SUV market. In addition, the Tivoli brand models sold over 4,700 units in May, leading the compact SUV market.
Based on those two models’ popularity, SsangYong’s domestic monthly sales exceeded 10,000 units for the first time this year in May, up 22.7 percent from the previous month and 11.4 percent year-on-year respectively.
However, SsangYong's May exports dropped by 48.4 percent compared to May 2016 due to the sluggish global economy
SsangYong is focusing on various customer marketing programs to expand its sales including on/off-line promotion events in line with the launch of the G4 Rexton and Tivoli Festival in celebration of it being the No.1 compact SUVfor two years in a row.
Choi Johng-sik, CEO of SsangYong Motor Company, commented, "Just like the Tivoli which takes the lead in the compact SUV market, the newly launched G4 Rexton will also take the lead in the large SUV market," adding, "We will further increase our global sales by strengthening our SUV lineup ranging from the compact SUV to large SUV."
* G4 Rexton starts to sell from May. (Previous model: Rexton W)
* G4 Rexton's May sales (2,733 units) include Rexton W's sales(30 units).
* Korando is an export name of Korando C.
* Actyon Sports is an export name of Korando Sports.
* Rodius is an export name of Korando Turismo.
Other Key Releases
From solar lamps and water jugs and even prosthetic limbs, 3D printing has the potential to drive positive change in the lives of people everywhere. The Mahindra Group has now designed and implemented a pilot project to bring its benefits to semi-urban and rural India.
2016 has gone down in history as Mahindra Racing's most successful Moto3™ World Championship campaign to date. Goals were achieved and surpassed, causing the bar to constantly raise as the season progressed.
Mahindra partners with IBM to develop cloud-based Block Chain application, one of the first projects of its kind in India outside of traditional banking.