Mahindra Logistics revenues up 28%, crosses Rs. 3400 Cr, PBT up 51%, crosses Rs. 100 Cr milestone in FY 18
Mumbai, May 2, 2018: Mahindra Logistics Ltd. (MLL), one of India's largest 3PL solutions providers, today announced its consolidated financial results for the quarter and the financial year ended on March 31, 2018.
FY18 performance compared with FY17
- Revenue up by 28%, grows from Rs. 2667 crore to Rs.3416 crore,
- EBITDA up by 46%, grows from Rs. 86 crore to Rs. 126 crore,
- PBT up by 51%, increases from Rs 68 crore to Rs. 102 crore,
- PAT up by 42 %, increases from Rs 46 crore to Rs. 65 crore,
- EPS (Diluted) up by 37%, increases from Rs. 6.62 Compared to Rs.9.04
Q4 FY18 performance compared with Q4 FY17
- Revenue up by 23%, grows from Rs. 723 crore to Rs.893 crore,
- EBITDA up by 75%, grows from Rs. 22 crore to Rs. 39 crore,
- PBT up by 96%, increases from Rs 17 crore to Rs. 32 crore,
- PAT up by 70%, increases from Rs 12 crore to Rs. 21 crore,
- EPS (Diluted) up by 67%, increases from Rs.1.72 compared to Rs.2.87
In its first year of listing, the Board of Directors has recommended a dividend of 15% (Rs. 1.50 per share)
Key Highlights – FY 18
- The Company continues to report robust performance on the back of healthy revenue growth in SCM business: Non-Mahindra business growth of 32% and Mahindra business growth of 28%
- Non-Mahindra SCM business growth led by revenues from freight forwarding, Consumer & Pharma and Auto & Engineering clients.
- EBITDA higher due to lower Fixed Term Strategic Consulting Service Fees compared to earlier periods.
- Post GST warehousing strategy: 2nd multi-product, multi-user warehouse getting ready
Commenting on the performance, Mr Pirojshaw Sarkari (Phil), CEO of Mahindra Logistics, said, “We have achieved a major milestone in the company’s journey, crossing USD 0.5 bn in revenues. Our Mahindra as well as non-Mahindra business continued the growth momentum delivering a PBT of over Rs. 100 Cr. MLL has managed the major transitions like GST and E-Way bill effectively.
It is heartening to see the attention the sector is getting from government in terms of favorable policies and ease of doing business. As one of the largest 3PL players in India, we look forward to working with the policy makers to reduce the cost of logistics for the country.”
About Mahindra Logistics
Mahindra Logistics Limited (MLL) is a portfolio company of Mahindra Partners, the USD 1 billion private equity division of the USD 19 billion Mahindra Group. MLL is an integrated third-party logistics (3PL) service provider, specializing in supply chain management and people transport solutions. Founded more than a decade ago, MLL serves over 300 corporate customers across various industries like Automobile, Engineering, Consumer Goods and E-commerce. The Company pursues an “asset-light” business model, providing customised and technology enabled solutions that span across the supply chain and people transport operations.
For more information, visit www.mahindralogistics.com
About Mahindra Partners
Mahindra Partners is the 1 billion USD Incubation, Private Equity & Venture Capital division of the Mahindra Group. Its mission is to accelerate value creation through a diversified global portfolio of emergent businesses. The portfolio spans across multiple industries like logistics, steel processing, renewable energy, conveyor systems, retail, infrastructure consulting and skill building, luxury boat manufacturing and media. It has recently expanded operations in U.S. by investing in the IoT and shared mobility space.
For more information, visit www.mahindrapartners.com
The Mahindra Group is a USD 19 billion federation of companies that enables people to rise through innovative mobility solutions, driving rural prosperity, enhancing urban living, nurturing new businesses and fostering communities. It enjoys a leadership position in utility vehicles, information technology, financial services and vacation ownership in India and is the world’s largest tractor company, by volume. It also enjoys a strong presence in agribusiness, aerospace, commercial vehicles, components, defence, logistics, real estate, renewable energy, speedboats and steel, amongst other businesses. Headquartered in India, Mahindra employs over 2,40,000 people across 100 countries.
Learn more about Mahindra on www.mahindra.com / Twitter and Facebook: @MahindraRise
For more information please contact:
Nikhil Nayak (CFO & Compliance Officer)
Mahindra Logistics Ltd.
Tel: +91 22 2871 5500
Anoop Poojari/ Devrishi Singh
Tel: +91 22 6645 1211 / 1222
Other Key Releases
From solar lamps and water jugs and even prosthetic limbs, 3D printing has the potential to drive positive change in the lives of people everywhere. The Mahindra Group has now designed and implemented a pilot project to bring its benefits to semi-urban and rural India.
2016 has gone down in history as Mahindra Racing's most successful Moto3™ World Championship campaign to date. Goals were achieved and surpassed, causing the bar to constantly raise as the season progressed.
Mahindra partners with IBM to develop cloud-based Block Chain application, one of the first projects of its kind in India outside of traditional banking.