Mahindra sets new benchmark in technology & productivity with the launch of Novo 65 HP & 75 HP tractors
- Both 65HP & 75HP tractors will be available in 2WD & 4WD variants.
- Designed for evolved Indian farmers, looking for productivity & precision in farm operations, through advanced technology.
- Creates new benchmark in technology & productivity with wide array of world-class/category first features:
- Performance: Highest engine torque with best in class fuel efficiency
- Technology: State of the art advanced Synchromesh Transmission coupled with Precision Hydraulics system.
- Digisense Technology: loaded with Mahindra’s Digisense technology for remote tracking of tractor health & location.
- Comfort & Convenience: Full flat platform with suspension seat & ergonomic controls.
- Reliability: 3 year engine warranty; with service interval of 400 hours (highest in category)
- Safety: With Factory fitted Roll Over Protection Structure ( ROPS ) for driver safety.
- Style: High gloss metallic colour, 3 Dimensional Chrome decals.
- Part of the Mahindra Novo line up in the US, highly sophisticated & fully loaded, 75 HP 4WD AC cabin variant will be introduced shortly in India
- Price starts at Rs. 9.99 Lakhs for 65 HP 2WD open station version (ex Maharashtra)
April 27, 2018, Mumbai: Mahindra & Mahindra’s Farm Equipment Sector (FES), a part of the USD 19 billion Mahindra Group, today announced the launch of Novo 65 HP & 75 HP tractors. This range of Mahindra Novo tractors is technologically most advanced and stylishly designed. The range is priced attractively, starting at Rs. 9.99 lakhs for 65 HP 2WD (655 DI) going up to Rs.12.5 lakhs for 75 HP 4WD (755 DI) variant, ex-showroom Maharashtra.
The class leading Mahindra Novo range of tractors is designed for evolved farmers in India. It is offered in both 2WD & 4WD versions in open station design.
This next generation tractor range is designed and developed in-house at Mahindra Research Valley, the company’s global research and development facility in Chennai. The Mahindra Novo is in line with company’s vision of becoming the pioneer in providing technology driven farming solutions to the farmers across the country. With new benchmarks in technology, comfort and ergonomics, Mahindra Novo is all set to change farming practices and improve productivity & performance and thus the output, leading to Farm Tech Prosperity.
Speaking at the launch, Rajesh Jejurikar, President – Farm Equipment Sector, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. said, “At Mahindra our purpose is to pioneer accessible technology which transforms lives of farmers, worldwide. As a part of Farming 3.0 initiative, the focus is on cutting edge technology and superior farming solutions. We take great pride in presenting state of the art 65-75 HP range of Mahindra Novo tractors to evolved Indian farmers. I am confident that this will set new benchmark in the industry. We will shortly introduce our global product from this range with integrated cabin in India.”
Mahindra Novo , has been developed through extensive research and insighting with farmers across 12 states. The development of Mahindra Novo involved a seeding phase where tractors were tested for performance in 37 applications across 8 states for a cumulative 25000 hours. Compared to industry standards, this has been one of the most extensive testing programme. Mahindra Novo design has been perfected based on the testing results. Mahindra has brought many new advanced technologies and features in this series that will give higher productivity and better precision in the agri applications.
About the Mahindra Novo:
Developed specifically for the 65 to 75 HP segment the new Mahindra Novo will deliver uniform and consistent power with minimum RPM drop in all application and soil conditions. It also possesses a high lift capacity and precision hydraulic systems, making it suitable for numerous farming and specialized operations. Ergonomically designed operating station, low maintenance and best in class fuel efficiency in the category are the other highlights of this technologically advanced tractor.
New Generation, Technologically Advanced Engine to Boost Productivity & Performance
The Arjun Novo features the technologically advanced, new generation Mahindra engine that provides best in class productivity and efficiency:
- Most powerful engine, with highest torque of 305 Nm and a backup torque of 28%
- 4 cylinder engine with inline FIP
- Delivers full power at 2100 RPM
- Most fuel efficient tractor in the category
- Best in class cooling system, with the biggest air cleaner and radiator
- Provision for front PTO Drive
High-tech Advanced Synchromesh Transmission
With an advanced Synchromesh Transmission and wide range of speeds, the Mahindra Novo provides a superior farming experience across all applications.
- Three range of levers - 3 range (High, Medium, Low)
- Maximum number of gears in any tractor in India, to facilitate superior farming experience – 15 forward and 15 reverse gears
- Speed Ranging between 1.7 kmph and 36 kmph
- Also available with creeper variant ( Speed starting from 0.4 kmph )
- Best PTO HP in the 60+ HP segment
- Independent PTO with three speed options
- Planetary drive final reduction
- Biggest, most reliable, long life clutch
- Effective oil immersed triple disc brakes
Advanced Precision Hydraulics
Owing to its Advanced Precision Hydraulics, Arjun Novo is the best in class in lifting impossibly heavy weights.
- Advanced high precision hydraulics
- 2 holes- bell crank – to suit various soil conditions
- Best in class lift capacity of 2,600 kg
- Highest pump flow for quick lowering – 56 lpm
- Ease of attaching implements – making it suitable for a wide range of applications, including land preparation/development, sowing, ploughing, tilling, harrowing, and planting among others. It is compatible with rotary tiller, MB plough, Tractor mounted combine harvester, potato planter, digger, rake, baler and mulcher and shredder
Utmost Comfort & Convenience
The operating area of this ergonomically designed new tractor makes it one of the most comfortable tractors in the category. Additionally with the top notch convenience features installed, the Arjun Novo, ensure effortless farming and make it easy for long hours of fatigue free operation in fields.
- Full flat platform tractor
- Comfortable seating with 4 way adjustable deluxe seat – Air suspended seat in AC Cabin variant
- Tiltable Steering
- Advanced ergonomic controls such as suspended pedals
- Stylish Instrument Cluster with auto diagnostic indicators
- Car-like combination switch
- Increased style quotient with high powered wrap around head lamps
- Twin position single button bonette opening (55 degree and 80 degree opening) – first time in the category
- Can be upgraded to have ad-on air-conditioned cabins
USA bound highly sophisticated AC Cabin tractor coming soon
This global Mahindra Novo tractor has host of new technology features like
- Push button start stop.
- Digital instrument cluster with Auto diagnostic indicator
- Touch screen 10” inch infotainment screen
- Day Running light
- Power shuttle option for clutch free forward & reverse
- Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning ( HVAC ) Cabin
- Key Immobilizer
- Rear View Camera
This new range of open station tractors is a stand out with -
- Metallic Deep Red Paint
- Stylized metallic 3 Dimensional Decal
The Mahindra Group is a USD 19 billion federation of companies that enables people to rise through innovative mobility solutions, driving rural prosperity, enhancing urban living, nurturing new businesses and fostering communities. It enjoys a leadership position in utility vehicles, information technology, financial services and vacation ownership in India and is the world’s largest tractor company, by volume. It also enjoys a strong presence in agribusiness, aerospace, commercial vehicles, components, defense, logistics, real estate, renewable energy, speedboats and steel, amongst other businesses. Headquartered in India, Mahindra employs over 2,40,000 people across 100 countries.
Learn more about Mahindra on www.mahindra.com / Twitter and Facebook: @MahindraRise
Media contact information:
Vice President (Communications)
Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd.
Office Direct Line – + 91 22 28468510
Office Email Address – email@example.com
Other Key Releases
From solar lamps and water jugs and even prosthetic limbs, 3D printing has the potential to drive positive change in the lives of people everywhere. The Mahindra Group has now designed and implemented a pilot project to bring its benefits to semi-urban and rural India.
2016 has gone down in history as Mahindra Racing's most successful Moto3™ World Championship campaign to date. Goals were achieved and surpassed, causing the bar to constantly raise as the season progressed.
Mahindra partners with IBM to develop cloud-based Block Chain application, one of the first projects of its kind in India outside of traditional banking.