K.C. Mahindra Education Trust
Empowering the nation, one graduate at a time.
The K.C. Mahindra Education Trust was founded almost 60 years ago in 1953 to transform the lives of people in India through education and financial assistance across age groups and income strata. Since then, we have provided disadvantaged students with more than USD 16 million (Rs. 803.5 million) in grants, scholarships, and loans.
So far, we have reached 83,245 beneficiaries through grants, scholarships, and loans. As of January 2012:
- 5,804 Mahindra All India Talent Scholars have pursued vocational diploma courses at Government polytechnic colleges
- 1,023 deserving students have pursued graduate studies overseas with the K.C. Mahindra Scholarship for Post Graduate Studies Abroad
- 3,467 top scoring students have received Mahindra Search for Talent scholarships
- 75,000 underprivileged girl children have gone to school with Project Nanhi Kali
- 3,000 disadvantaged youth have graduated from Mahindra Pride Schools with employable skills and good jobs
The K.C. Mahindra Education Trust is a registered public Charitable Trust under the Bombay Trusts Act, 1950, and the Mahindra Group is the main donor to its investment portfolio.