Mahindra launches the Alturas G4, a luxury SUV to redefine the high-end SUV segment
Attractive launch price starting at Rs. 26.95 lacs for 2WD (ex-showroom) across India
- Bold & Imposing design with chrome front grille, HID headlamps with LED DRLs, 45.72 cm (18”) diamond cut alloy wheels, LED fog lamps with cornering lamps, LED tail lamps and dual tone roof rails
- Luxurious tan and black interiors with quilted Nappa leather upholstery, award-winning ergonomic seat design, Easy Access Mode, Memory Profile for Driver seat & ORVM, Dual Zone Fully Automatic Temperature Control, Ambient Mood Lighting, Ventilated front seats and Electric Sunroof
- Advanced high-tech features like 3D Around View Camera system, Smart Powered Tailgate, 20” Touchscreen Infotainment system with Android Auto & Apple CarPlay, a 7” 3-mode TFT LCD cluster, Electronic Parking Brake with auto-hold and auto-tilting ORVMs when in reverse.
- Powerful 2.2 litre, 4-cylinder engine producing 133.1 kW (178 BHP) of power and 420 Nm of torque. It comes with the Mercedes-Benz 7- speed Automatic Transmission in both variants.
- Unmatched safety with features like 9 Airbags, Electronic Stability Program (ESP), Hill Start Assist (HSA), Active Rollover Protection (ARP), Traction Control System (TCS), Hill Descent Control (HDC). High-strength steel quad frame structure which offers an added layer of protection.
- Available in 2 variants – 2WD and 4WD, and 5 colours – Napoli Black, Pearl White, Dsat Silver, Regal Blue and Lakeside Brown
- To be available in a separate high-end showroom within the Mahindra ‘World of SUVs’, and with exclusive Relationship Managers
- Launch of Purple Club+, an exclusive loyalty program that would enable customers to earn and redeem points based on engagements with the Mahindra brand
November 24, 2018, Jaipur: Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (M&M), a part of the US $20.7 billion Mahindra Group, today launched its eagerly awaited high-end SUV , the Alturas G4. From its imposing exteriors to its premium interiors, every detail in the Alturas G4 has been finely crafted. With advanced high-tech features and unmatched safety equipments, the Alturas G4 is all set to create a new benchmark in the high-end SUV segment. It will be available at Mahindra dealerships across India starting November 26, 2018 at an attractive launch price of Rs. 26.95 lacs (ex-showroom) for the 2WD variant.
Speaking at the launch, Dr. Pawan Goenka, Managing Director, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd said, “The launch of the Alturas G4 is a significant moment in the automotive journey of Mahindra which will take the brand to the next level. With the Alturas G4, we have decided to adopt an endorsed brand strategy which will heighten brand desirability & aspiration. The product is the epitome of luxury in every sense. Therefore we believe the Alturas G4 aptly redefines royalty which is also its positioning.”
Rajan Wadhera, President – Automotive Sector, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd., mentioned, “The Alturas G4, with its excellent proposition of imposing design, exquisite interiors, state-of-the-art technology, exhilarating performance and unmatched safety, all at an attractive price point, is poised to redefine the high-end SUV segment. It is our most luxurious offering and comes with a host of technology & safety features such as the 3D Around View Camera system, Easy Access Mode, Ventilated Seats, many of which are not available in vehicles at a similar price range.”
The Alturas G4 would be exclusively available through separate high-end showrooms within the existing Mahindra ‘World of SUVs’ dealerships. These outlets will be equipped with ultra-modern digital technology to provide an enhanced and immersive high-end experience for customers. All Alturas G4 customers will have access to exclusive Relationship Managers to cater to their requirements, which is another segment first.
With the Alturas G4, Mahindra will also introduce a new premium loyalty program, Purple Club+. This will be a first-in-category loyalty program that will enable customers to earn and redeem points, based on engagements with the Mahindra brand.
About the Alturas G4
Bold & Imposing Design: Rugged front lines combined with a dynamic character line along the sides provide the commanding appearance of an authentic SUV. The Alturas G4 emerges as an absolute head-turner with its
- Best-in-class* width, height and wheelbase
- Chrome Front Grille
- HID Headlamps with LED DRLs
- 45.72 cm (18”) Diamond Cut Alloy Wheels
- LED tail lamps
- LED fog lamps with cornering lamps
- Silver and black roof rails
- Chrome window surrounds
Luxurious Tan and Black Interiors:
- Quilted Nappa leather upholstery
- First-in-class* Ventilated Front Seats
- First-in-class* Easy Access Mode
- 8-way adjustable powered driver seat with memory profile
- Dual Zone Fully Automatic Temperature Control (FATC)
- Electric sunroof with Anti-pinch feature
- Ambient Mood Lighting
- Award Winning ergonomically designed seats (Grand Prize at the Ergonomic Design Awards 2017, Korea)
*Compared to high end SUVs between Rs. 26-35 lacs (ex-showroom price)
The Alturas G4’s powerful 2.2 litre 4-cylinder engine produces 133.1 kW (178 BHP) power and 420 Nm of torque. Performance is maximized by the cutting-edge electrical variable geometry turbocharger (E-VGT). The Advanced Compressor Wheel lowers noise and maximises efficiency.
It comes with the Mercedes-Benz 7-Speed automatic transmission and is available in both 2WD and 4WD variants
State-of-the-art Technology Features:
- First-in-class * 3D Around View Camera system: 4 cameras (front, rear, both ORVMs) for a 360 degree view
- Smart Powered Tailgate that opens automatically provided the key is in your pocket and you stand behind the rear of the vehicle for just 3 seconds
- 17.78 cm (7”) TFT LCD Cluster with a 3-mode setting- Regular, Animation and RPM-Linked
- 20.32 cm (8”) infotainment touchscreen with Bluetooth, AUX and USB connectivity
- Android Auto & Apple CarPlay
- Electronic Parking Brake with Auto Hold feature
- Cruise Control
- Steering mounted controls with audio, cruise control and instrument cluster settings
- Auto-Tilting ORVMs when in reverse gear
- 6-speaker audio system
The Alturas G4 offers a unique package of safety features
- 9 airbags including driver seat, passenger seat, driver’s knee protection, side airbags in 1st & 2nd rows, and curtain airbags
- Electronic Stability Program (ESP) with its top of the line features like Active Rollover Protection (ARP), Brake Assist System (BAS), Hill Start Assist (HSA), Traction Control System, ABS + EBD and Emergency Stop Signal
- Hill Descent Control (HDC)
- Ultra-high strength steel quad frame structure
- Side impact beams & front crumple zones
- ISOFIX mounts for child seat
Social Media Handles:
Please visit: https://www.alturasg4.com for more details and images.
Official Hashtag: #AlturasG4
Other Hashtags: #RoyaltyRedefined
The Mahindra Group is a USD 20.7 billion federation of companies that enables people to rise through innovative mobility solutions, driving rural prosperity, enhancing urban living, nurturing new businesses and fostering communities. It enjoys a leadership position in utility vehicles, information technology, financial services and vacation ownership in India and is the world’s largest tractor company, by volume. It also enjoys a strong presence in agribusiness, aerospace, commercial vehicles, components, defense, logistics, real estate, renewable energy, speedboats and steel, amongst other businesses. Headquartered in India, Mahindra employs over 2,40,000 people across 100 countries.
Learn more about Mahindra on www.mahindra.com / Twitter and Facebook: @MahindraRise
Media contact information
Vice President (Communications)
Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd.
Landline – + 91 22 28468510
Email – email@example.com
Other Key Releases
From solar lamps and water jugs and even prosthetic limbs, 3D printing has the potential to drive positive change in the lives of people everywhere. The Mahindra Group has now designed and implemented a pilot project to bring its benefits to semi-urban and rural India.
2016 has gone down in history as Mahindra Racing's most successful Moto3™ World Championship campaign to date. Goals were achieved and surpassed, causing the bar to constantly raise as the season progressed.
Mahindra partners with IBM to develop cloud-based Block Chain application, one of the first projects of its kind in India outside of traditional banking.