Tech Mahindra Q4 PAT up 108% YoY
Board recommends dividend of ₹ 14/- per share
Manoj Bhat appointed CFO effective 1st June 2018
Mumbai - May 25, 2018: Tech Mahindra Ltd., a specialist in digital transformation, consulting and business reengineering today announced the audited consolidated financial results for its fourth quarter and year ended March 31, 2018
Financial highlights for the quarter (₹)
- Revenue at ₹ 8,054 crore; up 7.5% YoY & up 3.6% QoQ
- EBITDA at ₹ 1,412 crore; up 57.1% YoY and 11.7% QoQ;
- Margins at 17.5%; up 120 bps QoQ
- Profit after tax (PAT) at ₹ 1,222 crore; up 107.8% YoY and 29.6% QoQ
- Earnings per share (EPS), was ₹ 13.8 for the quarter ended March 31, 2018
Financial highlights for the quarter (USD)
- Revenue at USD 1,244.3 Mn; up 10.0% YoY and 2.9% QoQ
- EBITDA at USD 217.2 Mn; up 58.9% YoY and 10.3% QoQ
- Profit after tax (PAT) at USD 188.0 Mn; up 111.0% YoY and 27.9% QoQ
Financial highlights for the year (₹)
- Revenue at ₹ 30,773 crore; up 5.6% YoY
- EBITDA at ₹ 4,710 crore; up 12.6% YoY;
- Margins at 15.3%; up 90 bps YoY
- Profit after tax (PAT) at ₹ 3,800 crore; up 35.1% YoY
- Earnings per share (EPS) was at ₹ 43.02 for the year ended March 31, 2018
- The Board has proposed a dividend of ₹ 14 /- per share (280%) on the FV of ₹ 5
- Free Cash flow for FY18 at Rs. 2,760 Crore (US$ ~429 mn)
Financial highlights for the Year (USD)
- Revenue at USD 4,771 Mn; up 9.6% YoY
- EBIDTA at USD 728.9 Mn; up 16.6% YoY
- Profit after tax (PAT) at USD 588.1 Mn up 40.2% YoY
- Milind Kulkarni, Chief Financial Officer of the Company will retire as the CFO at the close of business hours on 31st May 2018 on reaching the superannuation age. Manoj Bhat has been appointed as a Chief Financial Officer of the Company with effect from 1st June 2018.
- Total headcount as of March 31, 2018 at 112,807
- Cash & cash eq. at ₹ 7,774 crore (US$ 1,193 mn) as of March 31, 2018
- Active client count stood at 913 vs. 843 in FY 17
“It’s been a great year of execution despite volatilities in the market place. Our customer accolades and various recognitions for sustainability reflect well on our long term strategy for growth ,” said Vineet Nayyar, Vice Chairman, Tech Mahindra.
Commenting on the Q4 performance, CP Gurnani, Managing Director & CEO of Tech Mahindra said “Continued focus on operational metrics has led to improved performance though the year. Growth in digital areas is particularly encouraging. We remain focused on delivering value to our customers, while helping our employees FUTURise with constant innovation in the digital world,”.
CP Gurnani added: “it’s been a pleasure working with Milind Kulkarni over the years. I would like to thank him for his immense contributions to the organization and the finance function. I am also pleased that Manoj Bhat, who has worked with the company for over 12 years in multiple leadership roles, will take over as the new CFO effective 1st June 2018”
Transformation Services: Selected by a leading European Telco as a Strategic managed services partner for transforming its operations stack. Tech Mahindra will own end-to-end responsibility for architecting, developing, delivering and supporting the Operations.
Transformation Services: Selected by a leading Logistics Company in US as a strategic partner for building its next generation products & platforms using Design Thinking and Devops, thus helping customer to fuel its growth and improve margins.
Digital Customer Experience: Chosen by a leading North American Telco as its Managed Services partner for Digital Customer Experience and Product Management. Tech Mahindra through its agile operating model, Automation and As-a-service model will ensure high quality service and business value.
Digital Workspace: Signed a deal with a large Australian Insurer for setting up a Digital Workplace based on As-a-Service model.
Big Data: Selected by a leading US healthcare Company for transforming its delivery using Big Data to increase efficiency and improve patient safety.
Transformation: Selected by a leading European Telco for its Network Planning and Performance management. Tech Mahindra will the Telco as it embarks on its next Gen OSS transformational program.
Big Data: Chosen by a leading US Manufacturer for providing Big Data Ingestion on an as-a-service model.
Automation: Engaged by a European Telco as a strategic partner to manage delivery and automation across its product ecosystem. Tech Mahindra will be responsible for the delivery based on business outcome, leveraging Business process as a service across its processes.
Connected Car Platform: Chosen as the digital transformation partner by a leading Global Car Company to design, build, integrate, test and host platform and managed services for operations. The platform is scalable for MVNO operations and help open a new revenue stream for the OEM and enable data monetization of connected car.
- Tech Mahindra has collaborated with the state government of Andhra Pradesh to establish country’s first Cyber Security Operations Centre (APCSOC) in the city of Vijayawada. The establishment of APCSOC is a manifestation of Tech Mahindra’s strategy to deliver excellence and value in the cybersecurity space, as part of it TechMNxt charter.
- Tech Mahindra has joined the Consortium for IT Software Quality in order to accelerate the creation and adoption of software quality standards in the IT industry.
- Positioned as a “major player” in IDC MarketScape Worldwide Manufacturing Information Transformation Integration System 2018 Vendor Assessment
- Tech Mahindra featured as “innovators” in Nelson Hall NEAT assessment for the Operations Improvement Focus - in Big Data & Analytics
- Recognized as “high performer” in HfS Blueprint Report: Enterprise Artificial Intelligence (AI) Services 2018.
- Tech Mahindra enters into a partnership with Stockholm based blockchain technology Pioneer, Chromaway, to leverage their blockchain-powered consortium database technololgy for building the next generation of secure, open, and sustainable digital architecture for the connected world.
Awards and Recognitions:
- Tech Mahindra receives 2018 AT&T Supplier Award for its outstanding contributions across a broad scope of selection criteria, including supplier diversity results, creative cost management solutions, teamwork, customer service, product/service performance and sustainability.
- Tech Mahindra won the Prestigious AICRA STEM Awards for achieving Excellence in Automation competing with 14 top businesses in the emerging technologies segment.
- Tech Mahindra has been identified as a global leader for its actions and strategies to manage carbon and climate change across its supply chain, and has been awarded a position on the Supplier Engagement leader board by CDP, the non-profit global environmental disclosure platform.
Audited consolidated financial results for the quarter and year ended March 31, 2018 drawn under India AS
About Tech Mahindra
Tech Mahindra represents the connected world, offering innovative and customer-centric information technology services and solutions, enabling Enterprises, Associates and the Society to Rise™. We are a USD 4.8 billion company with 112,900+ professionals across 90 countries, helping over 910 global customers including Fortune 500 companies. Our innovation platforms and reusable assets connect across a number of technologies to deliver tangible business value to our stakeholders. Tech Mahindra is also amongst the Fab 50 companies in Asia as per the Forbes 2016 List.
We are part of the USD 19 billion Mahindra Group that employs more than 200,000 people in over 100 countries. The Group operates in the key industries that drive economic growth, enjoying a leadership position in tractors, utility vehicles, after-market, information technology and vacation ownership.
Connect with us on www.techmahindra.com
For Further Queries:
Head - Investor Relations
Phone: +91 20 42252839
Phone: +91 20 42252776
Head - Media Relations & PR
Phone: +91 98204 97890
Media Relations & PR
Other Key Releases
From solar lamps and water jugs and even prosthetic limbs, 3D printing has the potential to drive positive change in the lives of people everywhere. The Mahindra Group has now designed and implemented a pilot project to bring its benefits to semi-urban and rural India.
2016 has gone down in history as Mahindra Racing's most successful Moto3™ World Championship campaign to date. Goals were achieved and surpassed, causing the bar to constantly raise as the season progressed.
Mahindra partners with IBM to develop cloud-based Block Chain application, one of the first projects of its kind in India outside of traditional banking.